Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Why is it so complecated to surf in this website?

Displaying all 18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 15 May 2018 #1
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Wrote United States 645 posts in this forum Offline

Don't we have enough website designers who ran into krishnamurti to help us?.

This post was last updated by Myself Wrote Thu, 17 May 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 16 May 2018 #2
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1220 posts in this forum Offline

Goodman B wrote:
Don't we have enough website designers who ran into krishnamurti to help us?.

there is no one who can help us, you will have to solve it yourself, but that requires a great deal of attention and Goodman, Badman is a fighter rather than a helper !????

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 16 May 2018 #3
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5285 posts in this forum Offline

Goodman, did you mean "complicated" when you wrote "completed" above? Jack

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 16 May 2018 #4
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Wrote United States 645 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
did you mean "complicated" when you wrote "completed" above?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 16 May 2018 #5

Yes it was misspelled. How do I correct it? That is one of the complications. The site is not user friendly for example it keeps asking you to log in every time as if it is so important!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 17 May 2018 #6

Goodman B wrote:
Yes it was misspelled. How do I correct it?

Once you log in you go down to your post and click on "edit". That will bring up a window in which you can make editorial and spelling changes.

Logging in is not only important it is imperative if you wish to interact on the forum. Logging in is like turning on the ignition to your car. Without doing that the car won't start.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 17 May 2018 #7

Good , I got it.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 20 May 2018 #8

Do you have to go through a moderator in the other group to join to tell the truth!? why? The house is burning and we keep playing the authority thing. What is this fear that breeds authority?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 20 May 2018 #9

Goodman B wrote:
Do you have to go through a moderator in the other group to join to tell the truth!?

Well one could question whether or not anyone is capable of telling the truth or blocked from telling the truth. Or, indeed, if anyone knows the "truth". But it may be that not everyone is welcomed on the other forums for various reasons relating to posting style. And if accepted it is not clear if a member would be ejected for not adhering to the guidelines set up on another forum. I agree that there should be some guidelines so that a forum is not filled up with inane posts not at all related to what K pointed out and what we are ostensibly here to discuss.

I have been invited to join one of the other forums by the moderator but I doubt if I would last long because I find most of the topics to be either fairly pedestrian or alittle vacuous. Or maybe it's that I don't understand the questions or simply have no interest in them.

K once said only ask a question that is of vital interest to you not just for the sake of asking a question. I read this in Mark Lee's book, Knocking At The Open Door.

Today's quote, May 20, 2018, in part states: "...what is known is not reality". I may be mistaken but I think K used the words "reality", "truth", "god", the "unknown" interchangeably. One can only discuss what is known. So it seems to follow that one can only discuss what is not "truth" Truth being the unknown, not of thought which is the known, which is limited by time and rooted in the past. Thought being the product of one's experience and knowledge which conditions thought, limits thought.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sun, 20 May 2018.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sun, 20 May 2018 #10
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1299 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
I may be mistaken but I think K used the words "reality", "truth", "god", the "unknown" interchangeably.

I read recently someplace here in a discussion between K. and D.B. the terms, "realm of Truth" and the "realm of Reality". I took one to be the place K. was 'coming from' and the other, the realm of reality, where most everyone else is 'coming from'. K. was asking how can one 'communicate' who is in the 'truth' realm with one who is in the 'reality' realm. They agreed it couldn't be with "words", that that has rarely if ever worked...but as I recall Bohm said it could only be by "intensity". I don't pretend to understand. But the 'opposition' between the two 'realms' is what caught my attention, this was not the way I usually think of 'reality'; as being antithetical to 'truth'...but considered in this way, the realm of truth would be where there is no duality between observer/observed, thinker/thought, etc. And where the 'me' and 'mine' does not exist and no 'separation' (psychologically) between one and the 'world'. Where one is 'nothing' (not-a-thing). Where the 'self' has dissolved, where 'death' is not separated from 'life' and on and on. So K. is using the word 'reality' here ,I think, in the sense of 'ordinary' reality: one sees oneself as 'individual', self-centered thought with a separate thinker, suffering, anxiety, loneliness etc.

Wish you would take that other moderator up on his invite Jack, be good to have your input.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 20 May 2018 #11

One can tell the truth or one can tell the lie . Most priests and mullahs and rabbis and other religious leaders lie. If they tell the truth then they would lose money and status. Once one lies then he or she always lies.

This post was last updated by Myself Wrote Sun, 20 May 2018.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Mon, 21 May 2018 #12

Dan McDermott wrote:
I read recently someplace here in a discussion between K. and D.B. the terms, "realm of Truth" and the "realm of Reality".

Dan, I understand what you are saying about reality here and it's a valid response. The problem seems to be that words and terms used by K often have a certain fluidity to them. With regard to yesterday's quote that I referred to the way the word "reality" was used pointed to something beyond thought. Yet, at times, the same word is used in a very different context. Such as the example you gave. It can get a little confusing sometimes.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 21 May 2018 #13
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 711 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
One can only discuss what is known. So it seems to follow that one can only discuss what is not "truth" Truth being the unknown, not of thought which is the known, which is limited by time and rooted in the past.

Hi Jack and all. What you say here seems to make a lot of sense Jack. However, sometimes in discussions here we do seem to be able to get to somewhere interesting, maybe discover something new. Wouldn't you agree?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 21 May 2018 #14

Sean Hen wrote:
Hi Jack and all. What you say here seems to make a lot of sense Jack. However, sometimes in discussions here we do seem to be able to get to somewhere interesting, maybe discover something new. Wouldn't you agree?

Sure. I would agree with that. Without that possibility of discovery what is the point of discussing anything? It just seems that so often the "dialogues" seem circular and enclosed by conclusions stated up front. It so often seems like we are more interested in proving and defending what we have stated rather than actually discovering. Maybe I'm wrong about that but that's the way it seems sometimes.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 21 May 2018 #15
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 711 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
It just seems that so often the "dialogues" seem circular and enclosed by conclusions stated up front. It so often seems like we are more interested in proving and defending what we have stated rather than actually discovering.

Krishnamurti often asked at the beginning of dialogues if the audience could put aside everything they knew about the subject about to be discussed before the dialogue started. Maybe that's something we all need to be reminded of constantly.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 22 May 2018 #16
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1220 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
Maybe that's something we all need to be reminded of constantly.

Hi Sean and Jack,

Lately I found myself in the position of wording the understanding and seeing the knowledge of the teaching is the obstacle, so yes this letting go of knowledge seems essential. That's why I love to read this QOTD:

Ommen Camp, Holland | 4th Public Talk 10th August, 1938

There is only one fundamental problem, which expresses itself in many different ways. Each one of us is conscious of a particular difficulty and desires to grapple with that difficulty by itself. In solving one's peculiar difficulty, one may eventually come upon the central problem, but during the process of getting there the mind becomes weary and has acquired knowledge, formulas, standards, which really stand in the way of its understanding the one central problem. Some of us try to trace each problem to its source, and in the process of examination and analysis we are learning, we are accumulating so-called knowledge. This knowledge gradually becomes formulas, patterns. Experience has given us memories and values which guide and discipline and which must inevitably condition.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 03 Jun 2018 #17

Please some of you who have knowledge of website programming please help this site. This site is so old and retarded and useless

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 03 Jun 2018 #18

Please some of you who have knowledge of website programming please help this site. This site is so old and outdated ..

This post was last updated by Myself Wrote Sun, 03 Jun 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 18 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)