Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Why don't people interested in K.'s teaching visit and post in all three forums?

Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 111 in total
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 #31
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 226 posts in this forum Offline

richard head wrote:
The mind operates consistently in the same manner, regardless of circumstance, for a long time. It is this universal commonality (as opposed to individual memories) that K points toward over and over again as being the situation of interest in one's journey of self discovery.

Of course it is. But then what is transformation, mutation, change ? Is the mind operating in the same manner, regardeless of circonstances since century a fatality ? Is a change in the human mind possible ?

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Thu, 31 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 #32
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4898 posts in this forum Offline

Rich Nolet wrote:
idiot ? wrote:
Ken and I have been posting here at kinfonet on and off for decades, since long before most people who post here now started.

So what ? Is that mean that you now have both a special value ?

Exactly. They must fancy themselves "experts" not because of their imagined seniority. I can assure you that others that are presently posting have been on here for a very long time maybe longer than them and they are making no special claims because of it. And you're right Ken doesn't discuss he puts up cartoons instead. It's difficult to decide if Ken is really that shallow or just an asshole. One thing for sure he has no respect for K or for what K pointed out. He should be summarily removed before some other ass comes on here and does the same thing.

Thanks for your post Rich. It was very well written.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 31 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 #33

Now about entertainment and respect. During the discussions at the Oak Grove that took place every year for a time K would ask for politeness from the people coming to the "gathering" as it was called.

He asked that no music be played, that no one bring any thing to eat or drink. No picnics. He would reiterate at every gathering I attended that this was not an entertainment, not a circus, not a show and not a performance. That he, K, was not here to "stimulate" or to entertain you in any way. K would also state that these discussions were very serious. He also considered the Oak Grove "sacred" and he asked that it be respected.

So is not this discussion board also "sacred" in a way? We are discussing what K pointed out. We are here to discuss not to be entertained.

Ken I don't know what you are trying to prove but it isn't working. I suspect that you have seriously misunderstood what K was pointing out and somehow think it gives you a license to use the likeness of K, put words that likenesses' mouth and think you are somehow witty or saying something. Instead you are disrespecting a man who has earned one's respect.

Thu, 31 Aug 2017 #34
Thumb_3740 richard head United States 175 posts in this forum Offline

Rich Nolet wrote:
But then what is transformation, mutation, change ?

K might refer to that as, "what should be". An imaginative reaction to "what is".

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 #35

Rich Nolet wrote:
Is a change in the human mind possible ?

How do we find out? By tossing speculations/ideas back and forth?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 #36
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1038 posts in this forum Offline

Rich Nolet wrote:
Very few have the seriousness to go into that.

Yes, it is shown again in the previous different reactions.

Nice joining the QOTD:

"To examine, explore, anything, there must be the quality of freedom from
all your prejudices, conditioning and so on, even from your own experience "
Krishnamurti Quote of the Day | Aug 31, 2017"

Freedom is interpreted as: " do what you like !!".

Jack Pine wrote:
Now about entertainment and respect.
During the discussions at the Oak Grove that took place every year for a time
K would ask for politeness from the people coming to the "gathering" as it was called.

Thanks Jack,
nothing to add at the meaning only that on Brockwood he asked the same thing.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Thu, 31 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 #37
Thumb_77 Ken D United States 16 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
It's difficult to decide if Ken is really that shallow or just an asshole. One thing for sure he has no respect for K or for what K pointed out. He should be summarily removed before some other ass comes on here and does the same thing.

Number of posts in this forum...

Ken - 13

Jack - 4,886

This post was last updated by Ken D Fri, 01 Sep 2017.

Thu, 31 Aug 2017 #38
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 209 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
K would ask for politeness from the people coming to the "gathering" as it was called.

This is some politeness:

Jack Pine wrote:
It's difficult to decide if Ken is really that shallow or just an asshole.
Jack Pine wrote:
You're a liar Brian.
Jack Pine wrote:
Your posts were irrelevant and misleading.
Jack Pine wrote:
The problem seems to be, Idiot, that you don't post so much as you troll.
Jack Pine wrote (to French Touch, who mostly just asked a few questions):
Perhaps you should be questioning the workings of your own mind?
Jack Pine wrote:
Do me a favor and drop the "sir" bullshit. It's affected speech, patronizing and it makes you sound like an idiot. Trouble is Dick you consistently don't know what you are talking about...Now Dick unless or until you come up with something intelligent to discuss I'm out of this conversation. It's boring almost beyond endurance.

That's some of what can be found in recent posts.

This post was last updated by idiot ? Thu, 31 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 5 readers
Fri, 01 Sep 2017 #39

idiot ? wrote:
That's some of what can be found in recent posts.

What you wrote above is one of the most biased, bigoted and subjective pieces of crap I've seen written on this forum for a very long time. You cherry picked things I wrote in response to what others had written to me about which I replied. You didn't include that. You can crucify anyone by just extracting their quotes and taking them out of context. That takes a particularly devious, dishonest and mean kind of person.

It's a mystery why some of you are even here. Most of this latest round of attaching someone, me in this case, resulted from a quote from K I posted to share with the rest of the people who cared to read it. And eventually I objected to more empty rhetoric from people, like you idiot, who think intellectualizing a subject is actually discussing it. Intellectualizing has nothing to do with intelligence. It's merely expressing a lot of drivel based on your conditioning; beliefs, knowledge, experiences and so on.

Get over the fact that I cut you off from flooding a thread I started with meaningless, empty crap.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 01 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Sep 2017 #40

Ken D wrote:
Your sentences look like they were written by Raica.

Or not.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Sep 2017 #41
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1038 posts in this forum Offline

richard head wrote:

Ken D wrote:

Your sentences look like they were written by Raica.

Or not.

??

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Sep 2017 #42

Jack Pine wrote:
What you wrote above is one of the most biased, bigoted and subjective pieces of crap I've seen written on this forum for a very long time...You can crucify anyone by just extracting their quotes and taking them out of context.

I'm sorry that you find the presentation of your own words biased and bigoted. As to the context, anyone can search the forum for one of your quotes and find the context.

I would like peace here, not conflict. But peace does not mean blindness. We are responsible for our actions and what we say.

Fri, 01 Sep 2017 #43

idiot ? wrote:
I'm sorry that you find the presentation of your own words biased and bigoted. As to the context, anyone can search the forum for one of your quotes and find the context.

You are not sorry about anything. And you're twisting things around again. You took my words out of context. You only presented one side of these discussions. That was dishonest. You knew what I meant but you decided to expand on your basic dishonesty.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Sep 2017 #44

idiot ? wrote:

Then take responsibility for what YOU say and write. Take responsibility for intellectualizing about what k pointed out instead of staying with what K has said. Your opinions about what K said, as are mine, are worthless. Opinions are rooted in knowledge. It's OK to have an opinion on why your car won't start or on what you will eat for breakfast but having them about what K pointed out is a block to understanding. That's why I felt compelled to close the thread I started

And that's where all of this started. I put up a quote by K that seemed particularly clear and pertinent to our everyday lives. It didn't need analyzing. It was complete in itself.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Sep 2017 #45

I take responsibility for anything I have written here in the forum. If you wish to quote me and discuss something I wrote further, I would be fine with doing that.

I respect your quoting K and not wanting to add anything. I also respect those of us who do want to discuss and investigate what K said, which seems to me the main reason we are here.

If you find what I wrote intellectual or opinionated, that is fine. I don't find it that way. But you are entitled to your view.

My hope is that we have healthy give and take with regard to understanding what K said.

Fri, 01 Sep 2017 #46

Wim Opdam wrote:
??

I just feel that what I post doesn't resemble anyone.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 03 Sep 2017 #47
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 575 posts in this forum Offline

Hello Dan and all. I only contribute to this forum. Perhaps there a certain degree of habit attached to this. Sometimes things go quiet here but at other times there are very interesting exchanges. I occasionally take a quick look at what's going on in Clive's forum and of course there are interesting things going on there too. I have nothing against "A Quiet Space" but have never applied to join. I have not really engaged at all with Experimenters' Corner. The few times I've taken a look in there I've found very long contributions and have only scanned them rather than reading them closely. Again, I have nothing against this forum but have never applied to join.

This post was last updated by Sean Hen Sun, 03 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 07 Sep 2017 #48

richard head wrote:
K might refer to that as, "what should be". An imaginative reaction to "what is".

Of course there is any change in what should be, an imaginative reaction to what is. This is the actual state of the conditioned mind.

richard head wrote:
How do we find out? By tossing speculations/ideas back and forth?

Of course there is any change in speculations and ideas. That is also the old , the conditioned mind.

The mind seems trap in time.

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Thu, 07 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 07 Sep 2017 #49

Rich Nolet wrote:
The mind seems trap in time.

Though this seems quite clear and obvious and many posters even repeat these words (or similar) yet we continue down that circular/dead end path.

How are we to approach this in a different way? Can't we all just stand alone/together....here.....now?

This post was last updated by richard head Thu, 07 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 07 Sep 2017 #50

It may be quiet clear and obvious for you. But it doesn't mean it is for me , or any other posters.

You ask :

richard head wrote:
How are we to approach this ( that the mind seems trap in time ? ) in a different way? Can't we all just stand alone/together....here.....now?

What do you mean by that ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 08 Sep 2017 #51
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3063 posts in this forum Offline

Rich Nolet wrote:
richard head wrote:

How are we to approach this ( that the mind seems trap in time ? ) in a different way? Can't we all just stand alone/together....here.....now?

Rich: What do you mean by that ?

Indeed...but the 'here and now' obviously would mean outside of time. So maybe Richard can tell us how we might approach this differently....outside of the trap of time.

Let it Be

Fri, 08 Sep 2017 #52

Rich Nolet wrote:
It may be quiet clear and obvious for you. But it doesn't mean it is for me

Ok, so who's responsibility is it to see something clear and obvious? Either one does or one doesn't.

This post was last updated by richard head Fri, 08 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 08 Sep 2017 #53

Rich Nolet wrote:
What do you mean by that ?

Good question. However, I have no response to it.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 08 Sep 2017 #54

Tom Paine wrote:
maybe Richard can tell us how we might approach this differently....outside of the trap of time.

Are you suggesting that I might add more of the trap of time/knowledge/information, to the discussion?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 08 Sep 2017 #55
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3063 posts in this forum Offline

richard head wrote:
Are you suggesting that I might add more of the trap of time/knowledge/information, to the discussion?

No...but you are free to share your insight or understanding as to how one might free oneself from the trap of time as you yourself brought up the notion of the here and now.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 09 Sep 2017 #56

Tom Paine wrote:
you are free to share your insight or understanding as to how one might free oneself from the trap of time

Sorry Tom, there is no insight into "how one might free oneself".
There is only the Insight of having "done" it.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 09 Sep 2017 #57

Tom Paine wrote:
you yourself brought up the notion of the here and now.

The only notion I'm concerned with is that trying the same thing over and over and getting the same result again and again is not the brightest of inventions.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 09 Sep 2017 #58

richard head wrote:
Sorry Tom, there is no insight into "how one might free oneself".
There is only the Insight of having "done" it.

But you used the word 'how' yourself in your post #49. K said hundreds of times, probably, that there is no 'how'. But he did share insights...understanding.... into the human condition....continually... in his talks. You brought up the notion of time. I'm simply asking if you might clarify what you were trying to say.

richard head wrote:
How are we to approach this in a different way? Can't we all just stand alone/together....here.....now?

Let it Be

Sat, 09 Sep 2017 #59

Tom Paine wrote:
But you used the word 'how' yourself in your post

How to approach a problem is different than how to solve it.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 09 Sep 2017 #60

Tom Paine wrote:
But he did share insights...understanding.... into the human condition....continually... in his talks.

So do I. Every time we interact I am sharing understanding/Insight. The difference is that you accept K's understanding and reject mine. I'm not complaining just pointing out the facts.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 111 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)