Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Use your brain for a Change

Displaying all 3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Wed, 10 May 2017 #1
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1040 posts in this forum Offline

I found the quote from today May 10, 2017 intriguing.
Thinking seems not the problem but how and what and with what you are thinking.

It's more like: Clean your brain for a Change.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 10 May 2017 #2

Public Talk, March 7th, 1948 | Mumbai, India

Krishnamurti: ...

So, understanding is always in the present, and never in the future.
Understanding is now, not in the days to come. And freedom, which is not isolation, can come into being only when each one of us understands his responsibility to the whole. The individual is the product of the whole - he is not a separate process, he is the result of the whole. After all, you are the result of all India, of all humanity. You may call yourself by whatever name you like, but you are the result of a total process, which is man. And if you, the psychological you, are not free, how can you have freedom outwardly; of what significance is external freedom? You may have different governors - and good God, is that freedom? You may have the multiplication of provinces, because each person wants a job; but is that freedom? Sir, we are fed by words without much content; we darken the councils with words that have no meaning; we have fed on propaganda, which is a lie. We have not thought out these problems for ourselves, because most of us want to be led. We don't want to think and find out, because to think is very painful, very disillusioning. Either we think and become disillusioned and cynical - or we think and go beyond. When you go beyond and above all thought process, then there is freedom. And in that there is joy, in that there is creative being, which a righteous man, an isolated man, can never understand.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 11 May 2017 #3

Poona, India | 3rd Public Talk 31st January 1953

I think it is very necessary that you and I should not merely either accept or refute anything I am going to suggest. Perhaps it may be new or it may be very old; but the mere rejection or acceptance of it without really understanding the whole complex problem is utterly valueless.

this quote is a piece from the article behind the QOTD about education, but to me it tells a lot about how we misuse our brain working towards identify and/or concluding, which is blocking understanding.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 3 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)