Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Bible study

Displaying all 11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 #1
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Where we all sit around, reciting verse and chapter, in a pleasant atmosphere always carrying the word on our lips (but never in our heart), hoping and praying some "good" changes will come about in our lives. Good comradeship and insights and understandings aplenty, we carry on day after day for what seems an eternity.........

Stuff happens

This post was last updated by randall merryman (account deleted) Fri, 14 Apr 2017.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Sun, 06 Aug 2017 #2
Thumb_stringio richard head United States 332 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

randall merryman wrote:
Where we all sit around, reciting verse and chapter,

This seems at least as relevant as a Trump discussion, or someone patting themselves on the back for feeling extra special.

This post was last updated by richard head (account deleted) Sun, 06 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #3
Thumb_9204480_n03 French Touch France 53 posts in this forum Offline

Did someone have try to get into Jordan B. Paterson series?
https://jordanbpeterson.com/bible-series/ (Podcast & youtube)

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #4
Thumb_stringio richard head United States 332 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack Pine wrote:
a pig isn't Dick?

Since we are on a Krishnamurti discussion forum, what this person had to say, seemed at least as relevant as people expressing their opinion.

Please mind your manners Jack. It's childish and immature to call people names and be rude in public.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #5

So Mr. D, "are you a good witch, or a bad witch"? ;)

This post was last updated by richard head (account deleted) Tue, 03 Oct 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #6

Jack Pine wrote:
Quit being a jerk.

Sorry bro, I simply cannot relate to your painful imbiclity any longer.

Get over your self, if you can.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #7

Jack Pine wrote:
Did I offend you by speaking out about him?

The people have been dominated/controlled by the commerce-religious-political/military classes from the beginning of organized civilization. This relationship is the reason for organized civilization. Get a grip on reality Jack, before you try to impose your will/opinion on others.

I got over the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat in the political realm, years ago. I suggest you do the same.

Having said that, the peoples right to agitate for a bigger slice of the pie should be recognized. However, sitting comfortably at home and expressing angry beliefs/opinions over the internet is a weak position. Putting ones body on the line like the labor movement in the early 20th century and the black movements in the 50's and 60's and others, is the only position of strength and rightness.

I still follow football though, go Rams!!

This post was last updated by richard head (account deleted) Wed, 04 Oct 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #8
Thumb_k2 Ken D United States 38 posts in this forum Offline

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #9

Jack Pine wrote:
Nothing you write seems to be about something K pointed out.

Everything I write either directly relates to something K pointed out or directly to what someone here has posted.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #10

Jack Pine wrote:
we can just not communicate at all.

Other than your opinion or some emotional outburst, what is it you wish to communicate?

Find out what K says about communication. Very helpful learning a new skill-set, not very helpful in the spiritual/philosophical area of human endeavor.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #11

Jack Pine wrote:
You appear to be Trump supporter.

Did you even read anything I wrote Jack? I don't play the political ponies. Didn't like Hillary, didn't like Trump and Bernie had no chance.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 11 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)