Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The fundamental issue really is whether human beings can exist in identified isolation;

Displaying all 4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Fri, 10 Mar 2017 #1
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4825 posts in this forum Offline

This is from today's quote from Krishnamurti. K has discussed this topic many times before. But this particular quote is crisp and clear. Especially the description, the term, "in identified isolation". The isolation with which we choose to identify. Very clear and descriptive way to express what he said about how we isolate ourselves with religion and nationalities. If you haven't already I suggest that you read this whole quote.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Mar 2017 #2
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 997 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
The isolation with which we choose to identify.

This is the whole article:

Public Talk, 1st February, 1948 | Mumbai, India

When a so-called nation is made up of separate groups, each seeking power, position, authority, wealth, you are bound to produce, not one man's death, but thousands and millions of deaths - it is inevitable. So, the fundamental issue really is whether human beings can exist in identified isolation; and history has shown over and over again that it is destruction to man. When you call yourself a Hindu, a Mussulman, a Parsee, or God knows what else, it is bound to produce conflict in the world. If you observe so-called religion, organized religion, you will see that it is essentially based on isolation, separatism: the Christian, the Hindu, the Mussulman, the Buddhist; and when you worship an image or no image, when you prevent somebody from going into your temples - as if reality lies in the temple! - , surely you are responsible for conflict and violence, aren't you? Please, I am not haranguing, I am not interested in convincing you; but we are both interested in finding the truth of the matter. So, this is not just a political harangue, which has no meaning at all.

Although this seems to be about 'existing organized groups "
it can also be read as consistent with" non-existing groups " like egos !!

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Mar 2017 #3
Thumb_a1056283319_2 Tom Paine United States 2963 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam wrote:
Although this seems to be about 'existing organized groups "
it can also be read as consistent with" non-existing groups " like egos !!

Right, Wim. My isolation when I cling to my ideals, beliefs, ambitions, goals, points of view....my image of my wife or my child, etc...the whole of the 'me'. All that is isolating, too.

Let it Be

This post was last updated by Tom Paine Mon, 13 Mar 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Mar 2017 #4
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 997 posts in this forum Offline

Tom Paine wrote:
Right, Wim.
My isolation when I cling to my ideals, beliefs, ambitions, goals, points of view....
my image of my wife or my child, etc...the whole of the 'me'. All that is isolating, too.

Not to mention my fantasies ... my rules...
and even this rule of: "There are no rules"

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Mon, 13 Mar 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 4 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)