Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

WHAT IS TEACHING OF K

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 324 in total
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #1
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

We generally use and hear about K's teaching. But what is exactly it? what I mean by it. I will like to know what is K's basic teaching according to you

As far I understand it is just awareness without any concern, not alertness, but only awareness, awareness in alertness or awarenes when one is not alert, awareness in peace or in noise, in anger, in joy, in thinking in every aspect of life, in every moment. But not concerned to above mentioned things, only at now.

But what is 'awareness'? It is unexplained till now.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #2
Thumb_deleted_user_med Randal Shacklett United States 1128 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:
what is K's basic teaching according to you

Ok, uh, it means that we watch every moment and in that watching, every moment is watched? Therefore, we see and in that seeing there is awareness? And in that awareness there is love and in that love there is learning? And learning to see every moment, we are aware of our self in the mirror of relationship? And in that awareness of self as mirrored by others, there is watching every moment, diligently? But with the occasional movie and ice cream of course. and my latest creation is a lovely super silver haze! Oops, hehe, did I say that out loud?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #3
Thumb_deleted_user_med Randal Shacklett United States 1128 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:
But what is 'awareness'

As I watch myself, I get a good look at what awareness, isn't.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #4
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 1989 posts in this forum Offline

Randal Shacklett wrote:
As I watch myself, I get a good look at what awareness, isn't

And there may come a moment when there is no activity of self to watch...then what, Sir ?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #5
Thumb_deleted_user_med Chafia Abdi France 214 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
And there may come a moment when there is no activity of self to watch...then what, Sir ?

Hello there
If I may intervene, Isn't thought the activity of the self. I can not stop thinking, I can watch thinking and observe it.

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #6

Dear friends, Chafia and Sudhir

What is K's basic teaching according to you? please mention

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #7
Thumb_mememe Alanna E Australia 7 posts in this forum Offline

Chafia Abdi wrote:
Hello there If I may intervene, Isn't thought the activity of the self. I can not stop thinking, I can watch thinking and observe it.

Hello! I think that is a really good statement. I can observe thinking, but I do not think that I am divisible from thought; I am the thought that I am watching. I think Krishnamurti spoke about this - the "observer is the observed".

I think Krishnamurti's basic teaching is about letting go of time and living in the "now". But I am quite silly so maybe I have missed the point. It will be interesting to hear what others have to say.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #8

Chafia Abdi wrote:
Isn't thought the activity of the self. I can not stop thinking, I can watch thinking and observe it.

First of all, welcome back after a long absence, Chafia Abdi.

Thought + Action is the activity of self.One can certainly watch thought process and with this the frequency of thoughts starts decreasing. In those moments when the the mind is silent, then what is happening ?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

This post was last updated by Sudhir Sharma Sun, 07 Mar 2010.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #9
Thumb_deleted_user_med Chafia Abdi France 214 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Thought + Action is the activity of self.One can certainly watch thought process and with this the frequency of thoughts starts decreasing. In those moments when the the mind is silent, then what is happening ?

I cannot tell you Sir, what is happening. Do it for yourself, you will see. If the mind is silent and one is talking or writing, or listening, one will have thoughts, but when you are alone, your mind is quiet, but also active without movement, without time. "Movement is time and activity is not. this strange activity, without direction, seems to go on, sleeping and waking"

So now Sir, Can I describe the activity of meditation? Absolutely not. So? It could happen to me, I will never reject it or invite it. This is the kind of activity without direction JK talked about.

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #10

dhirendra singh wrote:
Dear friends, Chafia and Sudhir

Hello Dhirendra,

K's basic teaching as I understand it ??? I am not sure. is about the degeneration of man and his crisis. The only thing that matters is : not to avoid "what is" by endless explanations. (God, Psychologists, reward & punishment etc......)

To stay with what is is the only way to see it transformed, The what is can be transformed only by all the energy wasted in the escapes of the cunning self.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #11
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Randal Shacklett wrote:
As I watch myself, I get a good look at what awareness, isn't.

Honesty,thanks Randal.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #12

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:

Dr,with all due respect,speculation"may be" to speculation "then what" can only produce more speculation.It is to be seen now sir,or not,is this not so? Why then this repeated effort to interject speculation?

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #13

Alanna Eileen wrote:
I think Krishnamurti's basic teaching is about letting go of time and living in the "now".

You know,it may be just that simple,not silly at all.thanks for that!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #14

Dear, sir Rick Lein,

It is repeatation but please let us know, what is basic teaching Of K according to you

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #15

dhirendra singh wrote:
It is repeatation but please let us know, what is basic teaching Of K according to you

To see my inattentiveness now!

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #16

Thank you Rick, Randal, Chafia and Allana, I feel it is very important to keep in heart K's basic indication.

I don't know

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #17

dhirendra singh wrote:
Thank you Rick, Randal, Chafia and Allana, I feel it is very important to keep in heart K's basic indication.

Yes!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #18

dhirendra singh wrote:

Seeing is the doing and you don't have to do anything else + when the self is not, the Other is.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #19

Chafia Abdi wrote:
"Movement is time and activity is not. this strange activity, without direction, seems to go on, sleeping and waking"

When the movement of thought as time stops, then another Movement starts. You are calling that movement 'strange activity'. This movement is the undercurrent that is supporting everything. It is a movement that is eternally static in NOW. Asking a question helps in moving the discussion to greater depth or clearing a complicated issue.Thank you for your reply.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #20

RICK LEIN wrote:
speculation"may be" to speculation "then what" can only produce more speculation.It is to be seen now sir,or not,is this not so? Why then this repeated effort to interject speculation?

Sir, A silent mind is seeing 'what is' with total clarity in its beauty and immensity.This is the end of all speculations.Till someone makes this point clear in discussion, the question needs to be repeated.

Friends, I would like to state one more thing here.We all need to change our attitude in these discussions. We spend a lot of energy in finding loopholes and faults in each other's statements. We feel that transformation is very difficult. This must change. Encouraging each other is a must.TRANSFORMATION IS EASY !
All of us should never feel hesitant or be afraid in underlying this fact at every oppertunity.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #21

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
We all need to change our attitude in these discussions.

Why Sir,to avoid the challenge,to our preconceived notions?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #22

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
This must change.

Why Sir,Why?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #23

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Sir, A silent mind is seeing 'what is' with total clarity in its beauty and immensity.This is the end of all speculations.

Then why sir do you continue to speculate?Then what?,then what happens,are not seeing it now,they are speculations of what could be,not sir,what is,are they not?

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #24

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
s a movement that is eternally static in NOW.

Illogical Sir!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #25

RICK LEIN wrote:
Why Sir,to avoid the challenge,to our preconceived notions?

Sir, we challenge each other by asking relevant questions. That is ok and must continue.What I am trying to say is this- Seeing 'what is' and staying alert is not a difficult thing to do and you also know it.The emphasis should be on enhancing the understanding of fellow posters on this point and not on finding faults as this only strengthens the roots of self in us.This is the way I feel about it and I am certainly going to change my attitude in future.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #26

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
We spend a lot of energy in finding loopholes and faults in each other's statements.

It seems the teachings point to the negation of the false,to reveal the truth,so whats the problem?Are we not attempting to explore the truth,or only the truth according to our own desires?

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #27

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
The emphasis should be

Again Sir,one would draw your attention to the statement of should be,but that is not responding to what is,is it?so you are saying in fact,I'm not comfortable with it,as it is,it should be otherwise,and this ,avoidance only prolongs the self deception,does it not?

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #28

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Seeing 'what is' and staying alert is not a difficult thing to do and you also know it.

No sir,you presume to much on my behalf,I do not know,and that sir,is why I question!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #29

RICK LEIN wrote:
negation of the false,to reveal the truth,

Sir, when we reply here, we have to use words to make our point.But actually, how does one negate the false ?

My understanding is that negation is brought about by seeing the false and letting it go withot effort i.e. without judging it. so, Should we use words as a pointer to encourage 'seeing' or 'judging' ?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Mar 2010 #30

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
This is the way I feel about it and I am certainly going to change my attitude in future.

O.K. Doc,To quote Krishnamurti,"the teachings,remember them?" It's now or never Doc,in the future again brings in speculation,I am this,I will be that!

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 324 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)