Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Jiddu Krishnamurti in Conversation with Iris Murdoch (1984)

Displaying all 3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Fri, 02 Sep 2016 #1
Thumb_basquiat-boom-for-real-feature-001 Katy Alias United Kingdom 347 posts in this forum Offline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xoJn4ziCpY

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2016 #2
Thumb_basquiat-boom-for-real-feature-001 Katy Alias United Kingdom 347 posts in this forum Offline

Please feel free to share any thoughts arising from listening to this conversation/dialogue...

Cheers, Katy

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 20 Sep 2016 #3
Thumb_jan09_012 Peter Stephens Australia 5 posts in this forum Offline

This conversation is not unusual in that it points to the difficulty talking with people who are approaching communication in terms of the educated, intellectual mind. I suppose if there is a challenge to the way of thinking, this is quite the civilised reponse. Indeed the whole virtue of civilization is raised in this way of rational discourse and philosophic dialogue. But right from the outset the question was, who is the experiencer, is there any difference between the experiencer and the experience? and this matter was entirely overlooked in favour of a continuing intellectual discourse. To answer this question the questioner must see themselves as fully responsible; what's on their mind is their experience, right now, immediately and it doesn't need any further discussion. It is a straightforward fact. We may be trying to understand something, and trying to change, but this first step, seeing the whole basic human responsibility is essential, not dividing it into my thoughts, my thinking, what I read in a book, what I have been told, all of the accumulated knowledge, and what I am hoping to achieve. So you see we simply prefer the educated discourse, and overlook immediately coming to terms with ourselves and the way we live.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 3 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)