Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Recommend, like, clap- clap...

Displaying posts 31 - 49 of 49 in total
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #31
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Tom Paine wrote:
It's mine I am living with... that creates disorder...that is pertinent to the discussion

Well Tom, certainly "the one I am living with", is the only one I have access to, in order to watch how it operates, actually. The "discussion"/relationship is the playground where the actual operates out in the open with nowhere to hide (behind ideals I hold).

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #32
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Hari Govind wrote:
It is not Absolutely true

I am not at all certain, how this kind of thinking relates to this, or any topic really. Maybe we could start a discussion about why something should or shouldn't be called absolute? In other words, how is this concept useful to a rigorous self examination?

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #33

Hari Govind wrote:
Saying that one does not know is the intelligent response dont you think?

Are we automatic/robotic/mechanical response units?

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #34

Hari Govind wrote:
10,126 last time i checked

I only count 10,123 hands. Ok, recount! ;)

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #35
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Tom Paine wrote:
No! I was trying to say, forget about the other billions and their consciousness. It's mine I am living with... that creates disorder...that is pertinent to the discussion. If I'm in disorder, it doesn't matter one bit whether a few billion are in order or not.

Well said Tom ... it is also one of K's major message ... first of all we have to see and deal with our own disorder, then the world will take care of itself ... charity starts at home ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #36
Thumb_stringio Hari Govind India 27 posts in this forum Offline

randall merryman wrote:
I am not at all certain, how this kind of thinking relates to this, or any topic really. Maybe we could start a discussion about why something should or shouldn't be called absolute? In other words, how is this concept useful to a rigorous self examination?

Ok Randall,guess we both come to that word differently,so I will drop it.
So,let me say fact.Is it factual that all human beings are caught up in opinion?That seems to be largely the case,but to extrapolate from there is dangerous.I mean,there could be a Buddha standing on the next street corner.You could be one for all I know.Your post is hours old after all.

To translate statements of K like human beings are fundamentally the same into a dogma is to conceptualise it and prevent the rigorous self examination you speak of.

So!Why not say you dont know?You cant possibly know Sir.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #37

randall merryman wrote:
Are we automatic/robotic/mechanical response units?

When we seek refuge in repetition we are.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #38

Tom Paine wrote:
If I'm in disorder, it doesn't matter one bit whether a few billion are in order or not.

Am not sure about that Tom.Who am I?

Are you taking some concept of the pursuit of individual happiness and giving it a K twist?

If we are one big intertwined entity,for sure it matters whether the few billion you dismiss so casually are in order or not.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #39

Hari Govind wrote:
To translate statements of K like human beings are fundamentally the same into a dogma is to conceptualise it and prevent the rigorous self examination you speak of.

What is fundamentally the same among human beings is BEING ... we all ARE the same BEING ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #40

Hari Govind wrote:
If we are one big intertwined entity,for sure it matters whether the few billion you dismiss so casually are in order or not.

Well it does matter, however you cannot ACT on that as any action would come from the same movement of disorder ... what we can 'do' (so to speak) is to understand the nature of disorder within ourselves ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #41
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3169 posts in this forum Offline

Hari Govind wrote:
Tom Paine wrote:

If I'm in disorder, it doesn't matter one bit whether a few billion are in order or not.
Am not sure about that Tom.Who am I?

Are you taking some concept of the pursuit of individual happiness and giving it a K twist?

Sure,if there's a world war,the bombs might very well fall on me. But looking at the psychological aspects of disorder....where will change occur if not in me? I can sit around forever saying,"those others shouldn't be so violent", but if I want to end violence in the world I have to end it in me first. If I'm not free of violence, how the hell am I going to help make a better world? By telling my neighbor not to be violent and continuing blindly with my own greed and selfishness and bigotry and violence?

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #42
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3169 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
you cannot ACT on that as any action would come from the same movement of disorder

Bingo! Like all the liberals here in the US who think they're above all the corruptionthey point out in the conservatives.....and vise versa.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #43
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

randall merryman wrote:
Hypocrisy comes when we pretend to understand the first step, while constantly discussing the second and third step. Don't pretend, be an idiot (not personal). Listen well, life will explain itself very clearly. Resistance (intellectual gymnastics as explainations) is the painful factor.

Agreed.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 28 Sep 2016 #44
Thumb_leaping_fire_frog_by_sirenofchaos natarajan shivan India 87 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
What if it was not there, the recommend button in this k forum? More votes decide...

Dev could consider this suggestion seriously, imo.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 28 Sep 2016 #45
Thumb_basquiat-boom-for-real-feature-001 Katy Alias United Kingdom 347 posts in this forum Offline

natarajan shivan wrote:

I can see the pros and cons of the recommend button, really, Nat...perhaps don't use it and/or ignore this if you don't like it(?)

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 28 Sep 2016 #46

natarajan shivan wrote:

Why resist 'what is' ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 28 Sep 2016 #47
Thumb_leaping_fire_frog_by_sirenofchaos natarajan shivan India 87 posts in this forum Offline

Katy Alias wrote:
I can see the pros and cons of the recommend button, really, Nat...perhaps don't use it and/or ignore this if you don't like it(?)

Katy, what does words/speech worthy of recommendation ask from us?

This post was last updated by natarajan shivan Wed, 28 Sep 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 #48

Jean Gatti wrote:
Why resist 'what is' ?

What is implied in recommending a post is the process of making an image out of what is written and identifying with it, thereby preventing action. The words worthy of recommendation will stay anonymous, it will be contained in the action it prompts, not as something separate from it (as an ideal); It or the one's listening to it will take care not to allow a turning back to it and licking it again. Such words/speech will have the status of an anonymous religious scripture, getting erased every time one understands it as a mobilizing force.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 #49

natarajan shivan wrote:
The words worthy of recommendation will stay anonymous

Would you recommend the posts in this forum to be anonymous ? So it would be impossible to make any image of the poster of a message and therefore focus on the message rather than on the messenger ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 49 of 49 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)