General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Intelligence

Displaying all 6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 #1
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 329 posts in this forum Offline

K.: Krishnamurti Quote of the Day
New York City | 1st Public Talk 11th March, 1935

For most people this is the problem: merely to wait, marking time; or to be able to discern the true significance of life with its conflicts and sorrows, and not create a new set of stupidities, a new set of illusions, and therefore to live directly and simply. The one leads to utter disorder, superficiality, boredom, to such superficial lives as most people lead, whether in the intensity of work or in the lack of work. The other, to the ecstasy of immortality.

Everywhere there is a despair, waiting for some action, waiting for governments to change conditions. And, in the meantime, your own lives are becoming more and more superficial, shallow, with all the inanities of modern society and the inanities of the so-called spiritual people.

As I said in the very beginning of my talk, intelligence is the only solution that will bring about harmony in this world of conflict, harmony between mind and heart in action. No system, the mere alteration of environment, is ever going to free man from ignorance and illusion, which are the cause of suffering. You yourself, through your own awareness, in your own completeness, can discern the true significance of these many limiting barriers. This alone will bring about lasting intelligence, which shall reveal immortality.(End of quote)

Would you say that one need intelligence to see this ? Or isn't it that the seeing of the truth in this is intelligence ? The insight into this is intelligence by itself ? Just a question. Cheers .

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Mon, 29 Aug 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 30 Aug 2016 #2
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Rich Nolet wrote:
Would you say that one need intelligence to see this ? Or isn't it that the seeing of the truth in this is intelligence ?

Just a question Richard.....what is intelligence?

Just a "thought", but maybe if we understand something, we won't need to ask how to use it?

Stuff happens

This post was last updated by randall merryman (account deleted) Tue, 30 Aug 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 30 Aug 2016 #3

Hi Randall. Not sure that intelligence is something to be use. I would ask by who ? In the quote above, my question was: do one need intelligence to see the truth, or is it that , the seeing of the truth is itself intelligence , which bring his own action ?

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Tue, 30 Aug 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 30 Aug 2016 #4
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Rich Nolet wrote:
Not sure that intelligence is something to be use. I would ask by who ? In the quote above, my question was: do one need intelligence to see the truth, or is it that , the seeing of the truth is itself intelligence , which will bring his own action ?

Excellent comment Richard ... however does intelligence see truth (can truth be 'seen' ?) ... or does intelligence 'discern' the false ? which indeed brings its own 'effect' ... when the falsity of a belief is seen, then any action or thought based on such erroneous belief is immediately stopped ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Tue, 30 Aug 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 30 Aug 2016 #5

Salut Jean. You ask: can truth be seen ?..or does intelligence discern the false.

By truth I simply meant the facts. So I would say whether we see the truth of a fact or its falsness is the same.

Jean Gatti wrote:
when the falsity of a belief is seen, then any action or thought based on such erroneous belief is immediately stopped ...

Yes, I would say that.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 30 Aug 2016 #6

It all depend of if it is observable, describable or not. Some things fall in the second category. To see ( or discern) the truth in the false is then a better approach, yes.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 6 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)