Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Our responsability as an individual

Displaying all 5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 #1
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 328 posts in this forum Offline

K.: As an individual, it is your responsibility to bring about a tremendous change in the world. It is your responsibility, because you are part of this society, because you are part of this tremendous sorrow of man, this constant effort, struggle, pain, and anxiety. You are responsible. Unless you realize that immense responsibility and come directly in contact with that responsibility and listen to the whole structure, the machinery of that responsibility, do what you will, go to every temple, to every guru, to every Master, to every religious book in the world, your action has no meaning whatsoever.

Collected Works, Vol. XV",52,Social Responsibility

About the machinery of that responsability:

K.: The individual is the world; he is both the root and the outcome of the total process, and without transformation of the individual, there can be no radical transformation in the world. Therefore, the important thing is not individual action as opposed to collective action, but to realize that true collective action can come about only through individual regeneration.

(Krishnamurti's Talks in India 1948 (Verbatim Report) Series 2 Bangalore
Fifth Talk at Bangalore . End of quote)

So in a way, we are all of us alone. We can't count on no one, if I may say. Individual regeneration, mutation, radical revolution, transformation; aren't they many words pointing to the same thing then? The individual is the world. Can one see this ? Is it a reality for you ?

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Mon, 29 Aug 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 01 Sep 2016 #2
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Rich Nolet wrote:
So in a way, we are all of us alone. We can't count on no one, if I may say. Individual regeneration, mutation, radical revolution, transformation; aren't they many words pointing to the same thing then? The individual is the world. Can one see this ? Is it a reality for you ?

Though I am not seeing in same manner, but the essence is, all one can do is, act on himself, change transform or live intelligently is ones own business, what most of us do wrong is, we keep advising,criticizing others,but this bring no change, only effective way to bring any change is individuals own actions.

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Thu, 01 Sep 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2016 #3
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 328 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Dhivendra. You express it very well .

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2016 #4
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
only effective way to bring any change is individuals own actions

... and the seeing IS the action ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 20 Sep 2016 #5
Thumb_jan09_012 Peter Stephens Australia 5 posts in this forum Offline

When I use the word individual, am I completely aware of my position, all of it, the mind, body, sensation, concsciousness, behaviour, and so on? Or am I still wanting to say there are all these separate matters which I am dealing with as best I can? When I say there is an individual, I am speaking academically, socially, politically, and don't see the matter indivisibly? Indivisibly, there is not some thing to act on, not some matter to resolve, not some improvement to make. The only action is to realise the indivisibilty.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 5 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)