Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

No scar in the mind ?

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 42 in total
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 #1
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

From the quote of the day:

Anything that we perceive directly, understand completely, leaves no scar on the mind.

Krishnamurti Quote of the Day | Jun 01, 2016

This quote reminds me the famous K's secret

"I don't mind what happens"

When something, any event, is fully understood, there is no need for any reaction, therefore the mind remains free and needs not memorize what happens ... no further action is needed, no 'doer' is created ... there is no resistance to 'what is'.

When you are insulted, and that it is understood that the insulter IS the insulted, then nothing is hurt within and you don't mind what happens.

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Sat, 04 Jun 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 #2
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1274 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
When you are insulted, and that it is understood that the insulter IS the insulted, then nothing is hurt within and you don't mind what happens.

So I’m Starting up your game, Jean !!

Who is the you who is insulted ??

What is it that understood ??

What is it within you ??

And who don’t mind what happens ??

This is saving a lot of replies and time and effort to make something clear,

may someone percieve this directly.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Wed, 01 Jun 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 #3

Wim Opdam wrote:
So I’m Starting up your game, Jean !!

Do you say this because there are 'scars in your mind' Wim ?

:-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 #4
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5401 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Do you say this because there are 'scars in your mind' Wim ?

This is not an answer to the questions Wim asked. This is you trying to belittle, insult, someone who has asked you questions which you either can't or won't answer.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 01 Jun 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 #5

Jack Pine wrote:
This is not an answer to the questions Wim asked.

Some questions need no answer Jack :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 #6

Jean Gatti wrote:
Some questions need no answer Jack :-)

I have a question for you: Why do you persist here on this forum posting things that have nothing to do with Krishnamurti and the things he pointed out? This is not a playground Jean. This is suppose to be a serious discussion forum.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 #7

Jack Pine wrote:
This is you trying to belittle, insult, someone who has asked you questions which you either can't or won't answer.

Jack, there is no one to belittled or insulted or has scars only someone percieving directly a pattern where people are lured into a swamp and then later on acting as the guide with the knowledge how to get out of there.

Leave the swamp the swamp ;-)

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 #8

Jack Pine wrote:
Why do you persist here on this forum posting things that have nothing to do with Krishnamurti and the things he pointed out?

Jack in case you were inattentive, this discussion is about a quote from K ...

??

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #9

Jean Gatti wrote:
Jack in case you were inattentive, this discussion is about a quote from K ...

But this thread is not about the K quote because you immediately translated K's words into something else. Something that has nothing to do with the quote. You're not talking about K your talking about yourself and something you believe in. You never stay with what K writes. You always rush to interpret it into something else.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #10

Jack Pine wrote:
But this thread is not about the K quote because you immediately translated K's words into something else.

Well isn't this forum a discussion forum about K's teachings ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #11

Jean Gatti wrote:
Well isn't this forum a discussion forum about K's teachings ?

You are not discussing K most of the time. You are discussing your opinion of what K is saying.

And no, endlessly discussing your opinions, what you think K is saying, is NOT what this forum is for.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 02 Jun 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #12

Jack Pine wrote:
And no, endlessly discussing your opinions, what you think K is saying, is NOT what this forum is for.

Oh no ? Isn't Kinfonet a "discussion forum" ? Is it not allowed to share our understandings of the teachings ? ... or is it only allowed to quote K without any personal comment ... seems you have a very restrictive view of what this forum is about Jack ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #13

Jean Gatti wrote:
Is it not allowed to share our understandings of the teachings ? ...

Jean, frankly I haven't seen much understanding coming from you. Mainly what I see are opinions.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #14

Jack Pine wrote:
Jean, frankly I haven't seen much understanding coming from you.

Sorry Jack but I am responsible for what I say, not for what you do or do not understand ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #15

Jean Gatti wrote:
Sorry Jack but I am responsible for what I say, not for what you do or do not understand ...

You asked me Jean and I told you. If you don't want to know then don't ask.

Jean instead of always going for the quick answer, the quick conclusion go deeper and don't be so quick to find an answer.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #16

Jack if you don't want a dialogue, why do you come here ?

Do you find food for your ego by insulting other people ? or what ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 #17

Jean Gatti wrote:
Do you find food for your ego by insulting other people ? or what ?

And do you find food for your ego Jean by serial posting and telling everyone else what they are and pretending you are the only one who knows what K pointed out?

We all have egos Jean. So worry about your own. And Jean, you're not fooling anyone by deleting huge numbers of your posts. You have the same number of posts today that you had two weeks ago yet you have posted hundreds of times since then. This is your ego working.

So let's see if I'm right. Today, June 2, 2016 you are showing 7587 posts. Let's see what that will be in two weeks.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 03 Jun 2016 #18

Jack Pine wrote:
pretending you are the only one who knows what K pointed out?

Can you tell us Jack where did I say that ? Stick to facts, be factual for once ... drop the movie you make about all things and people ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 03 Jun 2016 #19

Jack Pine wrote:
So let's see if I'm right. Today, June 2, 2016 you are showing 7587 posts. Let's see what that will be in two weeks.

Sorry but the posts counter does not interest me, I wonder why you do Jack ? Must be related to your ego somewhere ... why do you find this interesting Jack ? What identity do you find in a posts counter ?

??

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 03 Jun 2016 #20

Jean Gatti wrote:
Sorry but the posts counter does not interest me, I wonder why you do Jack ? Must be related to your ego somewhere

1. Balance. In the interest of not having the forum dominated by particular points of view, be conscious of the number and size of posts you make in forum in any given day or week.

It must interest you otherwise you wouldn't be trying to cheat by deleting large numbers of yours posts. Why do you think it is so important for you to dominate this forum?

Cheating, Jean, is next to lying and stealing. This kind of behavior you are displaying shows lack of character and a gross selfishness.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 03 Jun 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 03 Jun 2016 #21
Thumb_avatar Ravi Seth India 1573 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Cheating, Jean, is next to lying and stealing. This kind of behavior you are displaying shows lack of character and a gross selfishness.

You must remember the perfect being is always above rules etc.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 03 Jun 2016 #22
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3146 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Jack if you don't want a dialogue, why do you come here ?

Jean, perhaps ask yourself the same. I wonder, are you yourself interested in a dialog....or a shared exploration of the issues confronting man, or are you here to teach...to lead? Do you ever wonder why you're getting almost nothing but negative feedback from your many posts....or else they are ignored....probably mostly the latter. Is there any real dialog going on in any of the discussions here? It seems to be mostly the Jean and Jack show. Don't you ever ask yourself why? Could it possibly have anything to do with your approach to dialog....which may in fact, be discouraging real dialog? Just wondering 'out loud'...no intention to be insulting. Are you encouraging dialog, or only trying to lead?

Let it Be

This post was last updated by Tom Paine Fri, 03 Jun 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 #23

Tom Paine wrote:
Do you ever wonder why you're getting almost nothing but negative feedback from your many posts....

Yes Tom and the answer is very simple: it is the nature of self to always resist 'what is' ...

Would you expect self to surrender without fighting, without resistance ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 #24

Jean Gatti wrote:
Yes Tom and the answer is very simple: it is the nature of self to always resist 'what is' ...

You see Tom? It's not Jean who is at fault. It is the rest of us who are resisting Jean's facts because our selves, our egos just won't let us admit that Jean knows everything and we don't. Until we accept what Jean writes, without fighting, without resistance we are selfish oafs whose egos are holding us back.

Our only hope is to surrender to Jean's superior understanding. This is why he is here giving himself selflessly to lead us out of the confusion of our misunderstanding and resistance to "what is" and accept Jean as the uncontested authority of what is truth. Of what is LIFE itself.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 #25
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3146 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Until we accept what Jean writes, without fighting, without resistance we are selfish oafs whose egos are holding us back.

Haha. There may be some truth there. Perhaps it's Jean who is doing the resisting....resisting some of the truths posted by others. There's definitely a feeling of authority ...of knowing....in what Jean posts. I know...I will lead you to the truth....and you follow. It's that, I think...not the 'truth' itself, that seems to be what creates such resistance. Who knows....I may be resisting myself....however I've looked very deeply into some other teachings that are similar to what Jean speaks of...advaita vedanta, among others. I don't feel like I resist teachings that are very different than K's 'teaching'. I just find them off base.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 #26

Jean Gatti wrote:
Tom Paine wrote:

Do you ever wonder why you're getting almost nothing but negative feedback from your many posts....

Maybe read some of what others post here....without resistance. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, eh?

Let it Be

This post was last updated by Tom Paine Sat, 04 Jun 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 #27

Tom Paine wrote:
I don't feel like I resist teachings that are very different than K's 'teaching'.

What differences do you perceive Tom ? ... can you objectivize this ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 #28

Tom Paine wrote:

Do you see the problem with this statement Tom ? ... there is an expectation of 'positive feedback' ... are you still looking for agreement, for recognition ? Or are you free from that ?

??

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 #29

Jack Pine wrote:

Jean Gatti wrote:

Yes Tom and the answer is very simple:
it is the nature of self to always resist 'what is' ...

You see Tom? It's not Jean who is at fault.

Jack and Tom, to me it turns out to be a little more complicated.

the remark " it is the nature of self to always resist 'what is' ..." and "Would you expect self to surrender without fighting, without resistance ?" can also seen as an easy way for the ego to find a counterargument to escape the necessity to investigate its own doing.

In sport en fighting circumstances it's called:
" Attack is the best defence."

Real communication is an event between two or more equals.

If the goal of a communication is to expose or to fight the ego of the other, ones own ego is feeded.

Starting with: " I don't mind "
is the arrogance for other person in the communication.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Sat, 04 Jun 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 #30

Jean Gatti wrote:
. there is an expectation of 'positive feedback' ... are you still looking for agreement, for recognition ?

No, the question was addressed to you, Jean. Nothing personal intended, but if I see a guy fishing every day at a spot on the river, and he never catches anything, but occasionally a big snapping turtle that tries to bite him, I might ask him, 'why do you keep at it?' 'Why don't you try a different bait?' That's all....just wondering.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 42 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)