Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The Golden Rule

Displaying posts 91 - 98 of 98 in total
Wed, 11 May 2016 #91
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

max greene wrote:
It seems natural to be preoccupied by defense when you are being attacked from all sides.

He is not being attacked by most of the posters on here. What he writes is being questioned. It seems obvious that many people are weary of the constant proclaiming of what is "true" and what are "facts" by Jean. Where is the discussion? And as Sean pointed out with his excellent quote, where is the uncertainty? The questioning? The person who thinks he knows has stopped inquiring and is content with his beliefs and his theories.

Don't you see that Jean's style of posting is the very antithesis of what K pointed out? Of the kind of discussion that what K pointed out requires.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 11 May 2016 #92
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 794 posts in this forum Offline

max greene wrote:
It seems natural to be preoccupied by defense when you are being attacked from all sides.

Hi Max. I hope Jean or nobody else on here feels they are being attacked. Surely that's not what we're all about, is it?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #93
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 794 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
He is not being attacked by most of the posters on here. What he writes is being questioned. It seems obvious that many people are weary of the constant proclaiming of what is "true" and what are "facts" by Jean. Where is the discussion?

I think this is very accurate and well expressed. I see a clear difference between questioning and attacking.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #94
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
I hope Jean or nobody else on here feels they are being attacked.

What is it that feels being 'attacked' ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 4 readers
Wed, 11 May 2016 #95

Jean you really need to learn to be quiet. You never seem to miss a chance to try to convince someone of how above the rest of us you are. What a gigantic ego you have. Is that why you come here and to other sites everyday just to feed that gigantic ego of yours?

Does it work Jean? Does it really validate the image you have of yourself as being the master?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 13 May 2016 #96

Sean Hen wrote:
I see a clear difference between questioning and attacking.

Clearly so Sean, yet most people hate to be questioned and feel attacked by questions ... this is probably due to the nature of ego which can only survive through lies (ego itself being a lie) ... and therefore ego hates the light of truth ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Fri, 13 May 2016 #97

Sean Hen wrote:
I think this is very accurate and well expressed. I see a clear difference between questioning and attacking.

Yes there is a difference. I've done both. The down side of online forum is that you really can't stop someone from dominating the discussion with opinions and misconceptions.

There is an ongoing dialogue that is held once a week in Ojai at the "library" which used to be Pine Cottage. It's held in what used to be the living room of Pine Cottage where K stayed when he was in town. In a live situation it is much easier to stop a person from talking gibberish and trying to dominate the discussion. Michael Krohnen and a man named Ivan, who runs an alternative retreat across the way from the Pepper Tree retreat, moderate the talk. Michael, especially, puts up with no nonsense from participants. It appears obvious that we need, unfortunately, more moderation on this forum if it is to return to being a viable place to actually discuss what K pointed out.

While I don't support censorship I do think some control has to be maintained on a forum. I give Clive credit for realizing shortly after he welcomed Jean to that forum that it wasn't going to work. He did the only thing he could do and removed Jean. Dev has removed Jean from this forum a couple of times. But Jean always pops up again and continues to do the things for which he was removed. What is one to do?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Fri, 13 May 2016 #98

Jack Pine wrote:
What is one to do?

Just take Dan's advice Jack ... very easy, no ?

What you resist persists ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Fri, 13 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Displaying posts 91 - 98 of 98 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)