Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The Golden Rule


Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 98 in total
Thu, 05 May 2016 #31
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
200 years ago we didn't have atomic weapons

True, if they would have had atomic weapons 200 years ago they would have used them and the world would already be over since long ago ... I see it as wisdom to have power and NOT use this power to settle conflicts ...

As Sun Tsu said some 2500 years ago

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

... but you can not understand this Jack because you always resist 'what is', you always want to fight and use force and violence ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Thu, 05 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #32
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
... but you can not understand this Jack because you always resist 'what is', you always want to fight and use force and violence ...

You never seem to miss an opportunity to engage in a battle, Jean.

But for you information, you can not onderstand what others understand or not,
as you yourself put it, so you do not understand. !!!
Or it's just nothing more than provoking others ego to feed yours.!!

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #33
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Welcome back Wim ... your silent retreat is over ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #34
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
... but you can not understand this Jack because you always resist 'what is', you always want to fight and use force and violence ...

All you can do Jean is repeat the same tired garbage over and over again. Your intellect is much better suited for coloring books and crayons. Jean you add nothing to this forum but rambling, superficial, meaningless, erroneous interpretations of what others have said which you clearly don't understand.

You were correctly banned from the other forum after a short time and now here you are turning what is left of this forum into a kindergarten.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 05 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #35
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
True, if they would have had atomic weapons 200 years ago they would have used them and the world would already be over since long ago ... I see it as wisdom to have power and NOT use this power to settle conflicts ...

Jean do you even know that this sentence makes no sense? That there is no way anyone could validate your ridiculous conclusion in this sentence? But you'll say anything to try to appear right. You have no personal integrity at all.

This is what I'm talking about. Your response is the kind of thing one expects from a child. A not too bright child. You live in some sort of fantasy world were only you know and no one else does.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 05 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #36
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

As Sun Tsu said some 2500 years ago

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #37
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
As Sun Tsu said some 2500 years ago

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

Yeah Jean you already said that in post 31. All you can do is repeat, repeat, repeat. Constantly quoting others dulls the mind. Obviously.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #38
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Those who use the sword will die by the sword

Another illustration of the reciprocity principle ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Thu, 05 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #39
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Those who use the sword will die by the sword

Actually the quote is "Live by the sword die by the sword". But here you are quoting something again. Jean have you ever had an original thought? And what possible relevance does this quote have here?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #40
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

The topic of this thread is the Golden Rule, which is about reciprocity in relationships ... when you insult someone you can expect to be insulted, when you use violence with others, others will be violent with you etc ...

This is the 'mirror' effect in relationships ... this is why "do not do to others etc ..."

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #41
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3155 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Tom Paine wrote:

Many Christians and Jews believe in such rules, yet we continue to hurt others...often unconsciously.

Jean: That's precisely the problem Tom, they 'believe' in this rule but they do not understand it, they do not see clearly why this statement is true ...

I agree....so the rule really has no meaning if it's simply followed. The Christians have their 'You reap what you sow', and it's not done anything to stop their exploitation of others. Columbus and his men were true believers in the bible and they and their decendents destroyed the Native Americans...the aboriginal tribes who inhabited the New World. When you said 'man needs rules', it rang very hollow for that reason. However, if we re-phrase it, 'man needs truth', then I think we might be on to something. Can we approach truth through statements such as your golden rule?

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #42
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 794 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
The topic of this thread is the Golden Rule, which is about reciprocity in relationships ... when you insult someone you can expect to be insulted, when you use violence with others, others will be violent with you etc ...

What happens when you instruct others when they are not looking for instruction? What will happen then? Will they start instructing you?

This post was last updated by Sean Hen Thu, 05 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #43
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
The topic of this thread is the Golden Rule, which is about reciprocity in relationships

There is nothing more to say about this. There was nothing to say about it in the first place. Jean, this is not your personal blog. This is a site for the purpose of discussing what K talked about. IT IS NOT a site dedicated to show casing your thoughts and ideas which are pedestrian at best and utterly meaningless at worse.

Why don't you start your own blog? If you don't know how to do it have someone set it up for you. But don't do it here. Can't you see that you have been exposed? That no one or very few are going to entertain your superficial, off topic opinions? No one wants instruction from you or from anyone else especially about what K pointed out.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #44
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Tom Paine wrote:
Can we approach truth through statements such as your golden rule?

Well Tom, at least we can see and understand the truth of this statement ... we can understand the fundamental reciprocity in human relationships ... when we understand this, the rule is no more believed in, it is applied naturally ...

This 'reciprocity' is what K called the 'mirror of relationships', isn't it ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Thu, 05 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #45
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Welcome back Wim ... your silent retreat is over ?

You're making too much noise with the only rule you understand correctly:
" I don't stick myself to any rule.!!! "

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #46
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
Will they start instructing you?

Why would that be a problem ?

??

If the water is pure, drink it ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #47
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 794 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Why would that be a problem ?

I never for one moment suggested that it would be a problem Jean. Why did you jump to that conclusion?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #48
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
Why did you jump to that conclusion?

Is asking a question a conclusion ?

??

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 05 May 2016 #49
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Is asking a question a conclusion ?

Yes, because you are asking a question about a conclusion you came to; that it was a problem. Does it worry you at all that you are apparently not bright enough to see this which is so obvious? It should.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 06 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Fri, 06 May 2016 #50
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam wrote:
" I don't stick myself to any rule.!!! "

No rules, great Scotch :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Fri, 06 May 2016 #51
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam wrote:

Jean Gatti wrote:

Welcome back Wim ... your silent retreat is over ?

You're making too much noise with the only rule you understand correctly:
" I don't stick myself to any rule.!!! "

Jean Gatti wrote:

Wim Opdam wrote:

" I don't stick myself to any rule.!!! "

No rules, great Scotch :-)

So no one should take your posting seriously, it's just drunk talk ..

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Fri, 06 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Fri, 06 May 2016 #52
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

It's always a pity to meet people who lack of sense of humour :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sat, 07 May 2016 #53
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 794 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Is asking a question a conclusion ?

Jean, it is my humble opinion that a question can indeed contain an element of conclusion. For example, I could say "I have to work on Saturday." Now if you replied, "Why are you complaining about that?", I would say that your question contains the conclusion that I was complaining. Or have I missed another subtle nuance? :)

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sat, 07 May 2016 #54
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
"Why are you complaining about that?"

I see a subtle nuance between "Why are you complaining about that?" and "Why would you complain about that ?"

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 07 May 2016 #55
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 794 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
I see a subtle nuance between "Why are you complaining about that?" and "Why would you complain about that ?"

Is this a case of not seeing the would for the trees?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Back to Top
Sat, 07 May 2016 #56
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
I see a subtle nuance between "Why are you complaining about that?" and "Why would you complain about that ?"

Jean, you are the most dishonest person I think I have ever met. You will do anything; lie, cheat, twist the meaning of words, anything to keep from ceding a point. Your ego is so fragile that you can't admit any possibility that you are wrong or mistaken.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sat, 07 May 2016 #57
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Some people never get tired of always repeating the same songs ...

Yawn, time for a siesta, Belgium is the hottest country of Europe this weekend, probably some effect of climate change :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Sat, 07 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 07 May 2016 #58
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Belgium is the hottest country of Europe this weekend, probably some effect of climate change :-)

Maybe it's all the hot air you exude Jean. No one accepts you as a serious person who objectively discusses facts. Shouldn't that be enough for you to at least pause and re-evaluate the thoroughly discredited persona you're trying to project onto this and other sites?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 07 May 2016 #59
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Yawn again, is it already so late ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 07 May 2016 #60
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
It's always a pity to meet people who lack of sense of humour :-)

sure enough now you take me seriously when I only returned some gallows humor.

you again did not understood, Jean.;-)

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Sat, 07 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 98 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)