Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Does Any Know Why KFA Trustees Are Resigning?

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 47 in total
Fri, 26 Feb 2016 #1
Thumb_anastasia Anastasia Kovas United States 29 posts in this forum Offline

Can someone shed some light into rumours of recent attempts to remove Jaap as executive director of KFA. I saw the dialog about the personal use of funds from a year ago. Why are trustees resigning when he wasn't removed?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Feb 2016 #2
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

I would say that it is not the purpose of this forum to address such questions ... personally it does not interest me at all ...

Extract from the forum rules and guidelines:

Substance. The main purpose of this forum is to for you to discuss the proposals Krishnamurti raised in his talks and writings. Please bear that in mind.

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Fri, 26 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Feb 2016 #3
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5755 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
I would say that it is not the purpose of this forum to address such questions ... personally it does not interest me at all ...

Anatasia please ignore Jean. He rarely says anything that has to do with K himself. Also, he routinely ignores the rules that govern this forum. Which is why he has been thrown off of here several times in the past.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sat, 27 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 26 Feb 2016 #4

Jean,
K spoke often about how things were to be handled after he died. I always trusted the foundations were in good hands, but now something is awry. And I believe people here know something. I haven't been to this site for a long time, and was brought back when I googled "trouble at KFA, Ojai".

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Feb 2016 #5

Jack,
Thanks. I appreciate candor.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 27 Feb 2016 #6
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1453 posts in this forum Online

If some 'greediness' is going on in his name, we should be aware of what it is. At the very least.

This post was last updated by Dan McDermott Sat, 27 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 27 Feb 2016 #7

It sounds like it's more than greed, but also lack of ethics.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 27 Feb 2016 #8

Anastasia Kovas wrote:
Thanks. I appreciate candor.

No you just appreciate others when they approve you ... when you get recognition and self satisfaction ... which only feeds your sense of self ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 27 Feb 2016 #9

Jack Pine wrote:
Which is why he has been thrown off of here several times in the past.

Which is a non-fact ... part of your 'movie' Jack ... why live in such 'reality distortion' Jack ... why not stick to facts ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 #10

Jean Gatti wrote:
Which is why he has been thrown off of here several times in the past.

Which is a non-fact ... part of your 'movie' Jack ... why live in such 'reality distortion' Jack ... why not stick to facts ?

You have been thrown off of this forum several times. That is a fact. You are never honest with yourself Jean. You dodge and duck and twist and turn. Anything but admit the truth to yourself. All you can do is accuse others, blame others with the same, tired old repeated slogans.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 #11

I don't think greed, per se, is the problem as it is cluelessness. Look at the programs they (the Foundations, particularly KFA) offer and see if it seems like they are trying to sell K and transformation with these programs. It seems like some people connected to the KFA are initiating K centered, group participation programs with stated goals which are suppose to "change" the participants. I really think that KFA is way off course.

Another thing. Why does Jaap keep going to China on the Foundation's dime? What's in China that requires these repeated trips? Maybe there is a good reason. I think people interested in keeping the teachings alive should be told.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 #12

Jack Pine wrote:
You have been thrown off of this forum several times. That is a fact.

This is why you live in reality distortion Jack ... you take your dreams for reality ...

Just stick to facts ... and be quiet Jack ... I cannot say it enough :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 #13

Jean Gatti wrote:
Jack Pine wrote:>You have been thrown off of this forum several times. That is a fact.

Jean Lies back:

This is why you live in reality distortion Jack ... you take your dreams for reality ...

Jean everyone knows that you are a liar. They know that you have been thrown off this forum several times. Yet you cannot even admit that one basic fact. You not only lie to others you lie to yourself and that is the worse thing. You know you have been thrown off of this forum many times. What's wrong with you Jean that you can't see and admit a simple fact about yourself?

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sun, 28 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 #14

Here Jean. I put this on to help you remember the fact of your last removal. So who is distorting reality Jean? Who is living in a dream?

Wed, 01 Jul 2015

Thumb_dev

Dev Singh

United States

40 posts in this forum

As the discord - and awful disrespect for the main intent of these forums - continues unabated I am left with little option but to systematically remove those I consider culpable, beginning with Jean Gatti. More sanctioning will follow as necessary.

Dev

Kinfonet Admin

Recommend Ajax-loader This post has been recommended by 3 readers

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sun, 28 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 #15
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1453 posts in this forum Online

Jack Pine wrote:
I really think that KFA is way off course.

What did K actually say about what he wanted the Foundation to be after he died?
I personally think that any 'organization' of his teaching apart from the books and videos is a mistake. I don't see any 'value' in groups now that he is gone. A library, a retreat, maybe...the schools yes, they'll muddle through and probably be better than most. But for the rest, K rejected the idea of 'help' in this realm.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 #16

Jack Pine wrote:
Here Jean. I put this on to help you remember the fact of your last removal.

From what I know ONE does not make MANY Jack :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 #17

I agree, Jack, that people should know whose personal expenses and why so many trips to China are being paid for by KFA funds. Who's keeping tabs on these people??? KFA is a public trust.

This post was last updated by Anastasia Kovas Sun, 28 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #18

Dan McDermott wrote:
What did K actually say about what he wanted the Foundation to be after he died?

I can't answer this question completely but K did say, several times during questions and answers part of the discussions at the Oak Grove, that the main purpose of the Foundations was to preserve and make available all the texts and information of the talks.

He frequently went further and reiterated that no one was to interpret what K had said and that the energy that had used his body had not been passed on to anyone. In other words no one was his successor. This is, in my opinion, what he was trying to say with that oft repeated and little understand statement at the end of his life that "No one had got it". Not that no one had ever understood what he had said but that no one was authorized to carry on the teachings in his place. The energy that had used his body had passed to no one.

Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #19

What I am questioning, and I may be misinformed or my impressions may be wrong, is the use of yoga by connecting it's practice to heightening ones ability to understand what K pointed out. K did do yoga but he made it clear he did it only as a means of keeping the body toned and flexible and not as a spiritual exercise. He also reportedly did abdominal exercises everyday. This was reported in the book 1000 Moons (I can't remember the full title) by Pupul's nephew.

The KFA also offers other weekend retreats that seem to offer group participation with the stated goal of greater understanding of what K pointed out through a structured course or study. I question the validity of this.

These programs are making it feel like "Krishnamurtism". That there is something particular and concrete to know and learn that will lead to greater understanding of what K pointed out.

Like I said my impressions may be wrong. I do not want to say or do anything that harms the legitimate functioning of the KFA or any other K foundation. Get on the KFA website and determine for yourself, if you are interested, and see if there is any validity in what I have written here.

Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #20
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

Anastasia Kovas wrote:
Who's keeping tabs on these people???

A good question would be, who has access to their financial records? Is there an accounting firm performing audits and preparing audited statements?

max

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #21
Thumb_3252 Voco . Luxembourg 878 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
He frequently went further and reiterated that no one was to interpret what K had said

Jack Pine wrote:
This is, in my opinion, what he was trying to say with that oft repeated and little understand statement at the end of his life that "No one had got it". Not that no one had ever understood what he had said but that no one was authorized to carry on the teachings in his place.

You are a master of hypocrisy.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #22

Voco . wrote:
You are a master of hypocrisy.

That wasn't an interpretation of K's teachings but an opinion about something he said. You are not too smart are you.

Voco, you are really getting to be a bore. No you were already a bore. Running around this forum, you were thrown off the other one, judging what everyone else has to say. Say less and understand more or better still if you are so unhappy with the people here find some other forum to be a horse's ass on.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Mon, 29 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #23
Thumb_3252 Voco . Luxembourg 878 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Voco, you are really getting to be a bore. No you were already a bore. Running around this forum, you were thrown off the other one, judging what everyone else has to say. Say less and understand more or better still if you are so unhappy with the people here find some other forum to be a horse's ass on.

You are not better than me Jack, you are not allowed on that forum too. Besides, I think the creation of that forum, was a reaction to your and perhaps some others behavior on this forum, otherwise why the need of separation? If it's not the main reason, then surely one of among others.

Here is what I want to ask you, can you speak normally please without bullying, without searing conflict? You see, when someone comes and you immediately start offending, this will generate more offense. I know that some of my comments to you was also harsh, but I'm just trying to tell you that I am not who you think I am, that you would not judge a man by his words only. So, I'm not mad on you at all, and it would be good if you could be too.

This post was last updated by Voco . Mon, 29 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #24

Jack, selling K leads to supporters.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #25

Voco, California laws on non-profits and public trusts define when and where access to financial records occur.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 29 Feb 2016 #26

Voco . wrote:
you are not allowed on that forum too

I have never been on that forum, never asked to be on that forum, never intend to be on that forum and have never been thrown off that forum like you have. So who knows if I'm allowed or not. Another ill informed response on your part.

I have an idea. You don't respond to any of my posts unless they concern you and I will do the same for you.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Mon, 29 Feb 2016.

Thu, 03 Mar 2016 #27
Thumb_stringio b. teulada Portugal 495 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Dan McDermott wrote:
I personally think that any 'organization' of his teaching apart from the books and videos is a mistake. I don't see any 'value' in groups now that he is gone. A library, a retreat, maybe...the schools yes, they'll muddle through and probably be better than most. But for the rest, K rejected the idea of 'help' in this realm

I so agree with you!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 03 Mar 2016 #28

Voco . wrote (to Jack Pine):
Besides, I think the creation of that forum, was a reaction to your and perhaps some others behavior on this forum, otherwise why the need of separation? If it's not the main reason, then surely one of among others.

Yes, this is correct Voco, many posters have left this forum and found refuge in Clive's forum ... it is near to impossible to maintain a serious conversation here due to endless personal attacks from Jack and Paul who systematically disrupt dialogue ... I personally had to cancel 4 discussions I initiated and I certainly don't want to start new discussions here as long as those posters are still around lurking ... and finally this place has become a desert ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Fri, 04 Mar 2016 #29

Jean Gatti wrote:
... it is near to impossible to maintain a serious conversation here due to endless personal attacks from Jack and Paul who systematically disrupt dialogue ...

No, it's to question the idiocy of your on going proclamations of "fact" and truth that have no basis in reality. As has often been pointed out you do not discuss with others you instruct. You never answer when others question your fantastic claims or proclamations and you frequently try to goad others with your obtuse opinions and phony psycho-analysis. To try to goad others to anger is a violent thing to do.

Jean Gatti wrote:
Yes, this is correct Voco, many posters have left this forum and found refuge in Clive's forum ...

Not refuge so much as shelter from having their statements questioned. And even though he won't admit it I bet Clive is already regretting letting you on his site. I wonder if he knows that you have been thrown off this forum three times for good cause since you started posting here?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 04 Mar 2016 #30

Jean Gatti wrote:
I personally had to cancel 4 discussions I initiated and I certainly don't want to start new discussions here as long as those posters are still around lurking ..

Ah good. Then it's working. Even if I and Paul were not here there would be others who would keep you from dominating this forum with your opinions and general parroting of what others have written which you clearly don't understand. Just like there are people on other sites, the Tolle site for example, who have come here briefly for the sole purpose of warning us about you and your posting style. You seem to offend and irritate others wherever you go Jean.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 47 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)