Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The essential

Displaying posts 151 - 156 of 156 in total
Tue, 01 Mar 2016 #151
Thumb_3252 Voco . Luxembourg 878 posts in this forum Offline

Huguette . wrote:
Doesn't referring to "K101" imply that you have already mastered, learned K101, that you now know something, that you have it "under your belt" or possess it so to speak?

Why should it be a problem is someone already knows something? After all, K was speaking mainly on things which he already found out. But, if you like, we could put all this knowledge aside, drop everything what K was saying, every single word. Are you ready not just to say "I don't know" but actually see that? I'm saying that I don't know, and what I already know is completely irrelevant, the next moment I could see it totally differently.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 01 Mar 2016 #152
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Voco . wrote:
Why should it be a problem is someone already knows something?

Because self might become 'irritated' that someone knows more than you, it might feel 'inferior' :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 01 Mar 2016 #153
Thumb_3252 Voco . Luxembourg 878 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Because self might become 'irritated' that someone knows more than you, it might feel 'inferior' :-)

In regard of self-knowledge, someone's else knowledge is completely irrelevant anyway. No one can learn for you, and if you are learning from someone's words you are following him and ignore yourself.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 04 Mar 2016 #154
Thumb_stringio Huguette . Canada 539 posts in this forum Offline

re: # 151

I’m not saying it (K101) should be a problem. We are looking into what is essential for understanding. Is knowledge --- the past, what I know --- essential? Are we just comparing your knowledge against my knowledge against his knowledge? Does knowledge contain the truth about sorrow and conflict? I don’t regard what K says as knowledge, as canonical. I don’t memorize it and act according to it. I don’t consider it to be the truth. I don’t hold onto it, nor do I hold onto any insight or understanding which "I have". It is a fresh start at every moment.

I also don't see that K spoke from the past, from what he had "already" found out, from what he already knew.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 04 Mar 2016 #155
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

Huguette . wrote:
We are looking into what is essential for understanding.

As I see it, sensing (awareness) is understanding and choiceless action.

max

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 04 Mar 2016 #156
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Voco . wrote:
In regard of self-knowledge, someone's else knowledge is completely irrelevant anyway.

But self will still find it 'irritating' when someone knows 'better' ... Why ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 151 - 156 of 156 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)