Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Slanders Against KFA and its Leadership

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 71 in total
Sun, 01 Feb 2015 #1
Thumb_stringio Pavil Davidov Poland 4402 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Since his postings started on 7 Oct 2014, and during the following three weeks, John Perkins posted the following, the nub of which I would like to put before the forum for consideration and discussion.

Oct 9 2014: Good to escape the god-awful asphyxia of the redundant and fraudulence-suffused atmosphere of the KFA. I'll lend you detail of my discoveries related thereto if your interest should take you that way. For all truly K-interested a parental-guidance warning should accompany it. Reference that is, the pile of shit that's now running that K organization from the very, very top. Care to see some?

Oct 9 2014: As for leaving the sleeping dogs of KFA to lie: well, given that its chief executive, Jaap Sluiter, is using funds to take himself on unquestionably papal-style intercontinental missions, to places where there are already K foundations, even going as far as to personally involve in book-signing sessions(!), I think it's a little like allowing known murderers to roam free in our schools. I can provide evidence here of his misappropriation .... for the asking.

Oct 10 2014: Ah! Perfic. I thought you meant archiving on the forum; which is something I tried to press the admin to engage in for prosperity [sic]. They don't do 'rigour' there, or, hence, archiving. It would expose them.

Oct 10 2014: K, if he had a grave, would surely be turning in it on account of events and the nature of the leadership his life-long work has fallen into the hands of there, there is little to be done about it. The bods concerned are much too wily and guileful - it's how they got there - to allow of their removal or replacement.

Oct 10 2014: There is no reconciliation to be had. That is the explanation for the saying, "Who is not with me is against me." The whole situation allows of no fence-sitting. Sadly (intensely) you see or you don't see.

Oct 11 2014: The reason the KFA forum folded is because it, aided and abetted by an autonomous and blind administrator, chose to follow instead the alternative path and narrative of the joey neyer/willy brown priesthood and its extremely vociferous and disruptive laity. Some people, myself included, tried to point-out the error and paid a high price for it.

Oct 16 2014: They are literally - if we can take-out the emotive connotations lent to the phrase by modern media - anti-Christs. They are the types, often clergy, K would be keen to avoid, not least because they are by their nature soiling.

Oct 21 2014: Happily (in an albeit sad sense) I have since come to discover why and how Hassett got placed in the first instance: it's because the same rot lies at the top of the tree in the form of Jaap Sluiter.

Oct 21 2014: Maybe the rot has been in there longer than I suspected. All I know for sure is that it's in there big time now, never to be got out. The head honcho is a twat of the first order and has put in place supportive henchmen. It can't be ousted. Hassett is barely out of diapers and is a 'yes-man' but it suits Sluiter to give him a 'gun' for the protection of the K-alternative (effectively anti-K) league. For a long time latterly on there I termed it the priesthood and its laity, which is what it is. (I say is because it's still operative under Hassett at K Ning.)

Oct 27 2014: I tried a thousand times to make this same point at KFA, Steve, but could never get past the anti-K priesthood and it's military arm the administrator.

Oct 29 2014: It does, but that won't stop ignorant shits persisting.

Oct 31 2014: Such entities (both the intellects and their words) are the most dangerous and damaging of all kinds because by guile and cunning these people wangle their way into places they never should like K sites. Lacking any inherent potency they invariable utilize true teachings to lend speciousness, twisting and distorting them to fit their own perverse and invented narrative until even the most wary might be fooled. They add just enough to make it sound as if they're echoing them. I know of one K foundation that is entirely run (and overrun) by this type from the very pinnacle of its executive.

"Wherever you go, there you are." Insight from Mullah Nasruddin

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 01 Feb 2015 #2

Unfortunately, John subsequently got himself banned from the General Discussion Forum for over-posting and argumentation. That being so, I have tried to raise the above issues with him on his own "personally created forum" called "Dialogue. But he has refused to engage in dialogue on the points I have raised and now he has written to all those contributing to the thread on which I raised the issues "Truth and Ego" with his request to delete the whole thread as it has become what he calls a "debacle."

So, I raise here the issue John originally put before the forum, his allegation that the head "Honcho" of KFA, Jaap Sluijter, misappropriated KFA funds to take himself on "Papal trips" around the world. Secondly, that the KFA leadership is "a pile of shit."

I think this should be discussed out with nothing hidden.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 01 Feb 2015 #3
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Pavil Davidov wrote:
Jaap Sluijter, misappropriated KFA funds to take himself on "Papal trips" around the world. Secondly, that the KFA leadership is "a pile of shit."

I want funds appropriated so I can take a papal trip!

K often implied that organizing in the spiritual/philosophical area was the devils work. He didn't use the term "pile of shit", but he might have.

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sun, 01 Feb 2015 #4
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Pavil Davidov wrote:
I think this should be discussed out with nothing hidden.

Invite Jaap to join the discussion, Paul. Let us examine the financial transactions in question, without limitations to the enquiry. let us lay the K-empire bare for all to examine.

Stuff happens

Sun, 01 Feb 2015 #5
Thumb_stringio steve sds United States 746 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Randall, nice post in number 4, and finally someone who is seeing this impartially and saying the right things.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 01 Feb 2015 #6

steve sds wrote:
finally someone who is seeing this impartially

Now if only the rest of the human family could find an impartial perspective. ;)

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 01 Feb 2015 #7

Paul, on the one hand, i appreciate your thoroughness and research and the other hand, i am appalled at the extent you will go to try to ridicule or discredit another or prove another wrong, or whatever you want to call this.

I am not saying John is not inconsistent or does not say some stupid things. Of course he does, as does all on here do. And sometimes people are in a bad mood, have a bad day, or are under the influence a little. Many on here have admitted they even have some mental issues going on.

Lets cut some slack here to each other and realize no one is perfect. God only knows you have said some pretty stupid stuff too. I told you i was looking back at some of the older posts and Paul, you yourself, if i compiled some of what you said, would not look so good. My suggestion is that you accept John and others for who they are and meet them where they are, with understanding and compassion.

If you truly want to pursue this about the KFA, i would suggest you be prepared for me to post all sorts of stuff i have held back due to respect out of the KFA. I did not want to mudsling too much publically about them. But you might lead me no choice. I already shared with you privately the link to much dirt on the KFA.

We are all free to expressing ourselves, and in frustration or anger or influence, sometimes we say harsh things about this organization or even this site. This is human nature. I do hope we can get back to discussing other things, more about Krishnamurtis teachings, rather than the personal stuff like this, proving this or that poster wrong. I look forward to your response to this and how you want to proceed. Thanks.

This post was last updated by steve sds (account deleted) Sun, 01 Feb 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #8

steve sds wrote:
Lets cut some slack here to each other and realize no one is perfect.

Dear Steve, why are both you and John so reluctant to stand up for what you say? This is not about some "stupid things" that have been said and then regretted, this is about a concrete allegation which the instigator promised to back up with facts. How does he then react to someone who then asks for the facts? He quashes the request without rescinding the slanderous allegations.

And this is not about just anyone but about a person who says he is "transformed" and accuses those who doubt it of being "of the ilk of Hitler."

We are not here to question each other's perfection but to examine what is said and see what truth or otherwise is in it. You backed up John to the extent of repeating his claim, verbatim, that K would turn in his grave to know what is going on at KFA. But, when questioned, you back down and accuse the questioner of harshness.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #9

steve sds wrote:
If you truly want to pursue this about the KFA, i would suggest you be prepared for me to post all sorts of stuff i have held back due to respect out of the KFA. I did not want to mudsling too much publically about them. But you might lead me no choice. I already shared with you privately the link to much dirt on the KFA.

Don't threaten, Steve. You have already slung mud at KFA and John, who you are again defending, has done much more, accusing leading members of KFA with theft. Put up or shut up.

Yes, you shared a blog with me, despite my asking you not to. But I looked at the "much dirt" blog. Steve, have you ever met this guy, Reza? I know him quite well. You really know nothing about who or what your dealing with.

But please, say what you will. If you want to spiel your "mud" and your "dirt" go ahead. It needs to be dealt with precisely because it has been already raised here and has been largely unanswered, as yet.

Since John came on here he has been slandering KFA and Kinfonet. I think it time to call a halt to such aggression by calling to account the aggressors.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #10

randall merryman wrote:
Invite Jaap to join the discussion, Paul. Let us examine the financial transactions in question, without limitations to the enquiry. let us lay the K-empire bare for all to examine.

A fallacious comment, Randall. Jaap is a member here and may comment as he wishes. It is not for me to invite him. With regard the "financial transactions," the financial statements for KFA are online for anyone to view and they are professionally audited. If you have any concerns then present them.

There is no "K-empire." As usual, you are being an opportunist. You are living off the donations of others and give no account of your expenditures, whereas KFA does. To put it bluntly, you are jerking off.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #11

randall merryman wrote:
K often implied that organizing in the spiritual/philosophical area was the devils work. He didn't use the term "pile of shit", but he might have.

Why work so hard at proving yourself a fool, Randall? It has been seen already.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #12

"I can provide evidence here of his misappropriation .... for the asking." John Perkins.

I am asking.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #13
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1453 posts in this forum Online

Pavil Davidov wrote:
There is no "K-empire." As usual, you are being an opportunist. You are living off the donations of others and give no account of your expenditures...

This rings a bit cruel to my ears...

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #14

Dan McDermott wrote:

OK, I take it back. Randall's opportunism is unusual.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #15

Pavil Davidov wrote:
You are living off the donations of others and give no account of your expenditures,

Um, I bought some toilet paper and some uh, other stuff and well I think the hooker took the rest while I was asleep.

Stuff happens

Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #16

Pavil Davidov wrote:
OK, I take it back. Randall's opportunism is unusual.

I was passed out when opportunism knocked.

Stuff happens

Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #17

Paul wrote: "Dear Steve, why are both you and John so reluctant to stand up for what you say?"

I can equally ask you why you are so reluctant to keep this going? And why you are not willing to talk to me privately but instead choose to ignore my private emails and carry on with this publically? If you know about the link i sent you, please share more with me about it privately, i am interested in gaining as much information as i can on this issue to make proper decisions regarding it.

You made your points Paul and pointed out i would imagine satisfactorily what you feel to be the truth. What more do you feel you need? I have nothing to defend and think i have been pretty forthcoming and sincere in these exchanges. I really dont want to start posting things back and forth trying to prove what i feel is correct. I said i might do that, but i dont feel that is right, would not feel good to me. Take it as you will, but in my mind and heart it doesnt change a thing, except that i am not moved to prove or defend my self or my position on this matter.

Do you realize that you are the only one defending Jaap and KFA here. He needs no defense. He does not even post on here. It is just words and words cannot hurt him nor the KFA. This is an obscure forum with only a few posters active. Why make such a big deal out of this, and keep it going, i have to ask that again? And even if you got what you were looking for, a total retraction from me and or John, what would that give you? Truth needs no defending. Truth stands on its own.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #18

Dan McDermott wrote:

Oh Paul gets cranky once a month or so. He generally returns to his usual cheerful generous giving caring thoughtful self after a few days.

Stuff happens

This post was last updated by randall merryman (account deleted) Mon, 02 Feb 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #19

Pavil Davidov wrote:
Why work so hard at proving yourself a fool, Randall? It has been seen already.

So you are a third such seer?

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #20

Yes, i like your post number 18 Randall and your not taking Paul too seriously here and realizing he is in a cranky mood or something. That was one of my points earlier, we all say stupid things and if we collected it all and posted it like he did in post number 1 in this thread, we would all look like fools and ignorant and possibly sick. It is the nature of being human, that we are prone to inconsistency, foolishness, error and what not.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #21

My statement that "K would turn in his grave to know what is going on at KFA." I never knew it would generate such a response by you Paul, or else i wouldnt have made it. I am free to my feeling and opinion on this matter and i am also free to keep certain things to myself and not share it publically. I do not know why you feel you have the right to extract more from me than i am willing to share publically. It really is starting to feel not so good to me. I would ask if you can back off, i would appreciate it, but if you cant, and you still feel you have to go after this, so be it. I cannot force you to stop, just like you cannot force me to share more than i am willing to share.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #22

Why reach out?

I am sometimes asked why I travel. What is the point and purpose of moving about the globe? Apart from the obvious fact that there is plenty to do at home, is it not true to say that the work in other lands is best left to those who live there—China to the Chinese, Argentina to the Argentineans—rather than one’s attempting to harness their energies? After all, the needs of each place are specific. What’s more, it can easily happen that people defer to an “official visitor” as an authority, which is antithetical to Krishnamurti’s teachings. It is each person’s job to find the truth for him or herself—if need be, guided by the books & tapes. Nothing else is germane to the inquiry.

These, of course, are the very issues with which Krishnamurti wrestled. While he felt, and conveyed, that no one should stand in for him and that the whole notion of an apostolic succession was wrong, he began, at least from 1973 onwards, to speak of some people “living the teachings”, that this, indeed, was his true legacy. He deprecated in no uncertain terms the reliance on books & tapes, the familiarity with archives, as though these were aspects but not the main feature of what would remain after he died. The main thing was to live the teachings, and this point is made repeatedly in the discussions, now a book, The Perfume of the Teachings.

No one is, or can claim succession from, Krishnamurti for, as the World Teacher, he was unique. As time and tide turn and new waves are unfurling, it behooves those of us who have been touched by the teachings, deeply touched, to carry forward the momentum. This one can do by traveling—not just to distant lands & places but, more importantly, within oneself.

http://krishnamurti-america.blogspot.com/2013/0...

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #23

http://www.vcstar.com/news/cash-strapped-krishn...

Cash-strapped Krishnamurti Foundation regroups

Kathleen Wilson
12:01 AM, Jul 7, 2009

An Ojai foundation dedicated to advancing the teachings of author Jiddu Krishnamurti has restructured its management, laid off a third of its staff, cut salaries of top administrators and temporarily closed its archives to ensure its survival.

R.E. Mark Lee, who was the longtime executive director of the Krishnamurti Foundation of America, assumed the new post of public relations and development officer in the management shift. Troy Sumrall, a former brokerage office manager who joined the foundation as a fundraiser two years ago, has been named the agency’s top administrator.

Lee, 68, of Ojai said the restructuring took effect July 1. But the organization has been working for months to maintain its stability as the recession has battered contributions and investments, he said.

“My priority is to see the foundation continue to be a healthy organization,” he said Monday. “I don’t believe it would have survived if we had not made all the cuts and changes.”

Sumrall, 60, of Ojai said his background in business and management is a natural fit in difficult economic times.

“It’s exciting,” he said. “What I do is fix broken stuff. The situation is serious, but we’re not in intensive care. We’re going to pull this off.”

In his 30-year career in the investment field, Sumrall said he managed regional offices for brokerage firms. His employers included Prudential Securities, A.G. Edwards and Morgan Stanley, he said.

Sumrall said the skills he used in the world of stocks and bonds are not so far removed from the work he’s doing at the foundation.

“I understood what numbers went in what column and why,” he said Monday. “I had a lot of contact with people.”

Follower of the teachings

The Louisiana businessman also believes in the cause. He started reading Krishnamurti’s writings in the mid-1990s and they allowed him to look at life accurately, he said.

“Krishnamurti’s teachings tell you to examine what it is that you think and whether or not it’s true,” he said.

The educator and author was born in 1895 in India, but often stayed in Ojai. He died in Ojai in 1986.

Located on 185 acres in Ojai, the foundation operates a private school, an educational center with its own retreat house, a publications arm, library and what Lee says is the world’s largest archives of original Krishnamurti material.

Lee said he took a pay cut of nearly 50 percent in a restructuring that he recommended and the board of trustees approved. The new assignment will free him to use contacts cultivated over 40 years to reach out to donors, away from heavy administrative demands, he said.

Lee said the value of the organization’s endowment has fallen by half from $5 million to $2.5 million as the market plummeted and officials took funds from the principal to cover operations.

Total revenues for the foundation are down by 40 percent, Lee said.

Restoring flagging fortunes

As development officer, one his top goals is to restore the endowment. He also plans to attract more students to Oak Grove School, the foundation’s private school in Ojai.

Sumrall, too, is interested in improving the financial footing of the school. The former broker also plans to boost revenues for the foundation, partly through renting of meeting rooms.

The foundation’s board gave Sumrall the title of interim chief operations officer, a job he says he’s been performing for more than a month.

The use of the term interim is not a sign the foundation’s board is looking for a permanent executive, an official said.

“It’s more a trial period to see how he likes it and how well it works,” said Jackie Saunders, director of development.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #24

Maybe, just maybe these might give some hints to Paul why i said i think K would roll over in his grave at the running of the KFA today.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #25

steve sds wrote:
Maybe, just maybe these might give some hints to Paul why i said i think K would roll over in his grave at the running of the KFA today.

Your post 22 is a statement from Jaap Sluijter about why KFA organize international outreach. It is totally in line with what K requested from the people around him and can be seen clearly, for example, in the book Why Make A Problem Out Of Anything - which I have previously recommended you read to clear your mind of some prejudice you hold about people giving talks about the teaching.

Your post 23 is from 2009, six years ago, and reflects the decisions made at that time and focused on the financial crisis KFA faced due to the intersection of some bad investment choices and the onset of the economic crisis. KFA lost half its capital and its revenues dropped drastically. As an emergency they sought professional help to put the organization on a sounder footing. Funds had been treated previously in an amateur fashion and this adjustment was vital to KFA's capacity to promote the teaching in the future.

Steve, you post two, long articles and invite us to guess at what your criticism of KFA is. I, for one, will not play guessing games. Either say what is on your mind in a straightforward manner or leave the subject alone. No one has focused on you, Steve. It is John's accusation I am questioning. But when you come in and defend his silence then you put yourself in the same frame. That's OK, but don't be churlish and pretend you are a victim. You are not. No one here is.

John made an accusation of theft and invited people to inquire with him. He said, "I can provide evidence here of his misappropriation .... for the asking." Now he says he was drunk at the time of writing that comment and feigns ignorance as to the meaning of the word "misappropriation" as if he meant something other than theft.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #26

randall merryman wrote:
So you are a third such seer?

No, many here have commented on the way you often present yourself. One doesn't have to feign "transformation" to see your particular variety of foolishness.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #27
Thumb_stringio Julian S United Kingdom 194 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

steve sds wrote:

The KFA always seems to be in financial straits, yet the British foundation doesn't seem to have these problems. The KFA have yoga weekends, hire out the Pepper Retreat, and yet still they struggle. Does the KFT have more generous donors, is it better run, or are they also struggling? Anyone know?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #28

Julian S wrote:
The KFA always seems to be in financial straits, yet the British foundation doesn't seem to have these problems. The KFA have yoga weekends, hire out the Pepper Retreat, and yet still they struggle. Does the KFT have more generous donors, is it better run, or are they also struggling? Anyone know?

I know very little about it, Julian, which is why I find myself resisting to be influenced, swayed, by absurd claims and defamatory allegations. Nevertheless, I can share some things I have heard - with no guarantee at all of their accuracy.

I heard say that KFA had made rash investments in the Maddox pyramid scheme and had lost a good deal of money. This is why they brought in professional help. Maddox relied very much on word-of-mouth contacts between rich folk. He relied on trust and deceived a host of people. I don't know if KFA was really caught in that but there is a 'rumour.' Well, I for one would be in favour of taking things out of the hands of amateurs and having a more astute style of financial management to take care of the donations people bequeath.

With regard the financial state of KFA, I looked at the online published accounts (in sumary) and it seems they are presently healthy, having received a donation of over $2m recently. But their major income is made up of school fees, then donations, then book sales.

Yes, the KFA hire out rooms. KFT at Brockwood have not done this, they say on principal. They do not want to have other, non-K activities at Brockwood. KFT also seems to be financially stable at present though also quite reliant on donations. The school has recently spent £2m+ on new buildings and has had some great donations. The student population has expanded, somewhat, but they do not want to expand to much as this would effect, they think, the quality and style of what they offer.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #29

steve sds wrote:
And why you are not willing to talk to me privately but instead choose to ignore my private emails and carry on with this publically? If you know about the link i sent you, please share more with me about it privately, i am interested in gaining as much information as i can on this issue to make proper decisions regarding it.

Dear Steve, from the start John put this into the public domain. I am responding to that rather than to your or his pm's. I did look at the link you sent, which is a blog by an Iranian guy called Reza who I've been in contact with during summer 'work parties' at Brockwood. For various reasons, I cannot take his criticisms, so far as I understand them from reading his blog, seriously. I don't intend to debate his blog here on Kinfonet, nor by pm with you. I am questioning things said here, publicly, mainly by John. In particular, the allegation of "misappropriation of KFA funds" for personal use, which he offered to substantiate, asked for questions on, but now refuses.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Feb 2015 #30

Paul wrote: "Steve, you post two, long articles and invite us to guess at what your criticism of KFA is. I, for one, will not play guessing games. Either say what is on your mind in a straightforward manner or leave the subject alone."

This is my final comment on the matter and then i am dropping it publically. However, if you want to continue privately or share with me privately what i asked you about, you are more than welcome to.

Troy resigned from KFA and seemed to leave there pretty unhappy and disappointed with their approach. I would look it up and post word for word what he said, why he was leaving, etc, but i cannot, for the KFA forum where he posted it on has since been deleted. The KFA (Dont know for sure, but possibly the decision came from Jaap or the Board. But it did come from the KFA, from someone there) deleted the whole forum without any notice and did not leave the archives up for us to read. Some people were members on that forum for over 10 years and there was many good posts and links on there. But they deleted it all. I cannot even post why they said they deleted the forum, for that too has since been removed. And i have to tell you, that left many of us without a official place to discuss Ks teachings and left many of us on our own in regards to Ks teachings. I do not have a single person near me to discuss Ks teachings with and that forum was very important to me, as well to others in similar boat. Take it as you will, but some of the decisions of the KFA and handling of things is questionable and possibly not for the highest good. I said what i had to, shared some hints, and now i am done on this matter. It is up to each individual to make their own decision on this matter.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 71 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)