Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Are we here to perpetuate ego ?

Displaying all 17 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #1
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

I wonder if participants of this forum come here to really challenge their own self, beliefs and opinions ... or if they just want to remain in their 'comfort' zone in the security of what they know and believe ?

Are we here to feed and perpetuate our ego ? ... or are we here to feel and experience the discomforts of being challenged in our opinions by looking in the mirror of relationships ?

??

Because it is clear that when we react emotionally to contradictions, when our self image is challenged, then this is a resistance to 'what is' and we certainly miss an opportunity to learn something on our self ...

... and this is too bad really ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Sun, 26 Oct 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #2
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5547 posts in this forum Offline

I'd say you are here and on numerous other sites to feed your ego. You want to be seen as an authority and you're not. Also I would say you're here to make others feel discomfort when they point out how confused and mistaken you are. Stop preaching Jean. No one really appreciates it whether it is on this site or the many others you post on under different names.

You really need to ask yourself why you need to post on various sites everyday all day long as you apparently are doing.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #3
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
To Jean Gatti- I do not want you to reply to any of my posts until I notify you otherwise. I will show you the same courtesy by not replying to your posts.

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #4

But Jean you did reply to my posts first. You did it indirectly by replying through posts to others about something I had posted. You broke the agreement first.

And Jean? Learn to be quiet,(on all the sites you're a pest on) I cannot say it enough.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sun, 26 Oct 2014.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #5
Thumb_stringio Katy Alias United Kingdom 378 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack said clearly, Jean, that if you stop 'over-posting'and don't reply to his posts, directly - for the time being - that he'd show you the same courtesy by not replying to your posts...it is/was 'conditional offer'- or give and take, really. But you have been 'over-posting' haven't you and then deleting replies ?

Also, why not write something about what your expectations are of/in inquiry here with others in the thread titled "In defence of...?"
This might aid your clarity. I don't know, but it has aided my own.

It is possible to go into 'overdrive' - or 'over-post' in these forums sometimes - get stuck in a reaction, really, and not take enough pause for thought - and lose one's focus, too, isn't it?

'bye for now, Katy

This post was last updated by Katy Alias (account deleted) Sun, 26 Oct 2014.

Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #6

Katy, you really are a sweet person. We could all learn something from you. Thanks for being here.

Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #7
Thumb_stringio Katy Alias United Kingdom 378 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack Pine wrote:
Katy, you really are a sweet person. We could all learn something from you. Thanks for being here.

I am learning from you, too, Jack...and I am a bit more aware now of how things were/are here.

Thanking you, Katy :)

This post was last updated by Katy Alias (account deleted) Sun, 26 Oct 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #8
Thumb_eye Cali Lee United States 28 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
And Jean? Learn to be quiet,(on all the sites you're a pest on) I cannot say it enough.

Jack, too funny. Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day! For someone who advises being quiet on all the sites he (Jean) posts on, he's not yet taken his own advice? That's called being a hypocrite...

Definition of a hypocrite: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #9
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1124 posts in this forum Offline

Ego is a problem in every level of our being from the familly to the politics, i think eventualy one has to learn how to coexist with other people's ego and yet not get involved which is very hard to do.

This post was last updated by One Self Sun, 26 Oct 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #10
Thumb_stringio Bob D. United States 273 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Why does one start a message string with a question that he already has an answer to?

If you can roll in it...it's gotta be healthy.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Oct 2014 #11
Thumb_stringio John Perkins United Kingdom 1094 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Bob D. wrote:
Why does one start a message string with a question that he already has an answer to?

Insecurity?

Dialogue mirrors relationship; who can't, has none.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 19 Feb 2019 #12
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1124 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
Ego is a problem in every level of our being from the familly to the politics, i think eventualy one has to learn how to coexist with other people's ego and yet not get involved which is very hard to do.

It is almost impossible not to get involve with the egos of the others these days. But not all egos are as bad as the other egos..
For example President Obama's ego and Trump's ego are not the same. Unfortunately in this small group we see things black and white. Totally against the teachings .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 20 Feb 2019 #13

Jack Pine wrote:
I'd say you are here and on numerous other sites to feed your ego. You want to be seen as an authority and you're not. Also I would say you're here to make others feel discomfort when they point out how confused and mistaken you are. Stop preaching Jean. No one really appreciates it whether it is on this site or the many others you post on under different names.

This jack guy has been trolling since 2014 when I joined the forum! And no one has identified him who is still active.

Jack Pine wrote:

He has been sweet talking people who are like him . Where is Katy! She must have eliminated herself for supporting the main troll. This jack guy is anti-k as you can see .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 20 Feb 2019 #14
Thumb_basquiat-boom-for-real-feature-001 Katy Alias United Kingdom 347 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Oneself,

In answer to your question...I am still here !

Of course, I did not ‘eliminate‘ myself as you put it...for some reason it looks as if my account was deleted but I did not close the account...there must be a technical hitch.

I still read some of the conversations between people here and my not writing further for quite some time is/was nothing to do with Jack’s participation as you are suggesting...and it’s absurd really in my view that you’re calling him a troll - he is not such at all!

I learned a lot from studying with everyone here... and don’t regret any of my learning.

Kind Regards, Katy

This post was last updated by Katy Alias Wed, 20 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #15

Hi Katy,

So nice to hear from you again. And yes, we have yet another troll, or should I say the same one with a different name? I figure the person using the name "one self" is institutionalized somewhere and has a lot of time on his hands. He has nothing to say, of course, but that doesn't stop him from spreading his fertilizer all over the place.

I am well and sitting out the winter in Ojai until I go back to my main home in the high mountains for the summer. I hope you are well too. Take care, Jack

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #16
Thumb_basquiat-boom-for-real-feature-001 Katy Alias United Kingdom 347 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Jack,

Glad to hear that things are good with you.

I’m fine. Thanks for asking...

I made the most of the remaining winter here last week in the Lake District - lots of snow there unlike in London (and less people!).

Best wishes, Katy

This post was last updated by Katy Alias Thu, 21 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #17

Gee, I must be a miracle maker. I brought the dead to life.:-)

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 17 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)