Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

idea of building a new k website


Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 172 in total
Sat, 11 May 2013 #1
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Kinfonet is a good k forum, but I want few modications in it, first, post will appear without poster's name, there will be no recommend button and there will not be any donation gateway. Presently This is just an idea.

Building this site will cost apprx 1000 usa dollar and 100 dollar per year for maintainance.

Any one, including dev singh can create this site.
If I create it, I have to take few months to manage money for it.

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Sat, 11 May 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 11 May 2013 #2
Thumb_2564 Satya Prakash India 528 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
first, post will appear without poster's name,

Can you give your reason for proposing this, D?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 11 May 2013 #3
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:
Kinfonet is a good k forum, but I want few modications in it,

I will only suggest that without the entertainment value that conflict provides the bored human mind, your new forum will look similar to "simply Krishnamurti" and other forums that protect the self-expressers/opinionators. You will get a few scripted exchanges that go nowhere but mostly you will be alone.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 11 May 2013 #4
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
Any one, including dev singh can create this site.
If I create it, I have to take few months to manage money for it.

Dear Dhi,

I wonder what gave birth to this idea? Are you suggesting to start a new forum? May I ask why?

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

This post was last updated by Eve G. Sat, 11 May 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 11 May 2013 #5
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Eve G. wrote:
Are you suggesting to start a new forum?

This is an amazing display of clarity/perception Eve. ;o)

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #6
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

randal patrick wrote:
This is an amazing display of clarity/perception Eve. ;o)

Its called not making any assumptions. You should try it sometime :)

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #7
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Hi everybody.

I am talking about constructing a new website. Reason behind this idea is, here I see, most of the time we are focused on person, not on issue. So I think if we remove name of posters there is very less possibility to fight like children.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #8
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
am talking about constructing a new website. Reason behind this idea is, here I see, most of the time we are focused on person, not on issue. So I think if we remove name of posters there is very less possibility to fight like children.

Dhi the war is a war of images, puffs of smoke and illusion? It is the nature of the beast you really think some mechanical change would cure us of conflict? If you really thing so go for it. I am not sure how would this work?

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #9
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Sudhir, I have mentioned the reason of it in above post:-), no name, no fame, only discussion.

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Sun, 12 May 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #10
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Hi eve.

I don't say that technical changes will cure the conflict, my motive behind this idea is very clear, provide more discussion on issue, not on randal, paul, nick, rick, dean etc:-)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #11
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
I don't say that technical changes will cure the conflict, my motive behind this idea is very clear, provide more discussion on issue, not on randal, paul, nick, rick, dean etc:-)

That makes very good sense why don't you propose for Dev to have one forum with no names or recommend just to check the idea out?

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

This post was last updated by Eve G. Sun, 12 May 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #12
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Hi randal.

Actually new site will possibly make expression more easy, because one can write without caring about image.

But for entertainment, we will make some extra arrangement:-)

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Sun, 12 May 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #13
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
provide more discussion on issue, not on randal, paul, nick, rick, dean etc:-)

;) The question is if an issue exist without the above?

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #14
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Hi eve.

I think here it will not work, because we will prefer to post with name if option is available, I feel need of a site purely for duscussion, possibly it will be very boring, and very few may post there, but this will be fine.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #15
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Eve: ;) The question is if an issue exist without the above?

Exactly, now you have, oh what englishmen say, hit the nail in head.:-)
I want to see if any issue exist without the above, if there is any discussion without it:-) :-) :-)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #16
Thumb_me_3_reduced_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1877 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
Actually new site will make expression more easy, because one can write without caring about image.

So why not do that here? It is totally possible.

It isn't a matter of 'caring about image', but a question of image being there at all. Therefore - not a matter of anonymity.

Pretending to be anonymous won't end images. We already have that pretense with all the constantly invented new avatars and on-going multiple-personality-disorders - lol.

Discussion without images has nothing at all to do with anonymity. Passion for what is actually being discussed is the only key.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #17
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Hi patricia.

I like the way K had written 'commentaries on living' and some other books, his writing do not reveal superficial things, which is names and images around it, this make his description more fundamental. Here most posts are personal fight, this is happening from years.

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Sun, 12 May 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #18
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
Discussion without images has nothing at all to do with anonymity. Passion for what is actually being discussed is the only key.

Ya passion for jugular ;)

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #19
Thumb_me_3_reduced_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1877 posts in this forum Offline

Eve G. wrote:
Ya passion for jugular ;)

LOL - that's not what I meant - but I take your point! Does not pay to be idealistic on the forum. Cynicism is the only stance!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #20
Thumb_me_3_reduced_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1877 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
Here most posts are personal fight, this is happening from years.

Yes Dhi. The teaching of K does appear to bring out the personal fighting-spirit. I wonder why!!

Perhaps that is a topic for discussion. All of us taking personal responsibility of course. (Dream on Patricia!)

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #21
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
LOL - that's not what I meant - but I take your point! Does not pay to be idealistic on the forum. Cynicism is the only stance!

Idealistic, sentimental or emotional. Danger zone, I get your meaning about the discussions you are having at home. Wow I wonder why this gets so intense and personal? You always say it is the self, but I wonder if it is the fact that this insight is not sustained and its ebb and flow is so unpredictable....

Its a great practicum for confrontational situations at work ;)

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

This post was last updated by Eve G. Sun, 12 May 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #22
Thumb_me_3_reduced_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1877 posts in this forum Offline

No - the self when it comes into contact with the teaching of K feels very vulnerable and lashes out to protect it'self'. CONSTANTLY!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #23
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
No - the self when it comes into contact with the teaching of K feels very vulnerable and lashes out to protect it'self'. CONSTANTLY!

Its so boring and repetitive...

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #24
Thumb_me_3_reduced_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1877 posts in this forum Offline

One does not have to buy into it. Just see the fact of it and move on - with understanding and compassion....... :)

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #25
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
One does not have to buy into it. Just see the fact of it and move on - with understanding and compassion....... :)

You know what they say, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak ;).

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

This post was last updated by Eve G. Sun, 12 May 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 12 May 2013 #26
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
So why not do that here? It is totally possible.

You mean like the simply Krishnamurti forum...but that would be so boring and a ghost town as one poster snidely remarked(taunted)?This is an old issue,the striving for the "ideal"?

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Mon, 13 May 2013 #27
Thumb_me_3_reduced_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1877 posts in this forum Offline

Well yes - the "Simply Krishnamurti" forum works really well for dignified and deep discussion - without images.

Thank you for pointing that out Rick! :)

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Mon, 13 May 2013 #28
Thumb_baboon-9186 dave h United Kingdom 1165 posts in this forum Offline

RICK LEIN wrote:
You mean like the simply Krishnamurti forum...but that would be so boring and a ghost town as one poster snidely remarked(taunted)?This is an old issue,the striving for the "ideal"?

So dignified and deep that Jack hasn't posted there since April :)
I guess Randall is a lot more stimulating :)

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Mon, 13 May 2013 #29
Thumb_me_3_reduced_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1877 posts in this forum Offline

dave humphrey wrote:
So dignified and deep that Jack hasn't posted there since April :)

What - sitting on the sidelines giving it marks out of ten? How entertaining for you!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Mon, 13 May 2013 #30
Thumb_baboon-9186 dave h United Kingdom 1165 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
What - sitting on the sidelines giving it marks out of ten? How entertaining for you!

Welcome back Patricia :)

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 172 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)