Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future.

Displaying posts 151 - 180 of 743 in total
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #151
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 1989 posts in this forum Offline

jean-m girard wrote:
I f I am stuck in my thought and I am looking at the world, every thing is gloomy there is no life to it.

I feel it is one's mood that is gloomy and projecting this on the things of the world make them look gloomy.

jean-m girard wrote:
So of course I try to keep my self as much has I can in a state of observation to have a more objective look on life Without trying to force it or discipline myself but I still have to make this movement into observation, I don’t think this would be call discipline but we could call it an action.

Is this not directional/goal oriented action? If yes, then it should be called reaction.

jean-m girard wrote:
Knowing that I can stay in that state (observation) temporarily, is all I can do, because thought always move in, to break off that state of mind. So I keep doing the movement to go back in observation, I can keep doing it for hour and days. I am wandering if it would not be more realistic to approach the state of observation has a wave that go in and out, if we consider all the other piece of the mind that are functioning at the same time, thought and emotion inside and every thing outside of us. It seem to me that if I don’t react to the thought moving in, because I had made the motion to be in observation, I think that I still maintain that state when the thought come in.

Understood.

jean-m girard wrote:
When I decide to observe it seem appropriate that thought would move in, that state or the decision to observe is a movement toward our thought so isn’t it normal that thought move in?

When you decide ...this decision comes in the form of thought, doesn't it? So, the thought process has already started. Our mind compulsively lives in occupation and will endlessly keep on supplying thoughts one after the other, won't it?

jean-m girard wrote:
Now if we familiarize our self with the state of observation and we can bring it back without thinking about it ,...

For doing this one has to understand "negative thinking" which is not related to positive and negative thoughts as we understand them.
One has to understand the relation between the inner emptiness and ending of thought rather than learn a new way of moving awareness in and out.

jean-m girard wrote:
When I say that thought is breaking my observation , am I not saying that I am reacting to what I see? Isn’t it the reaction to what we see, that is breaking off observation?

A thought becomes a reaction when it takes place in a flash in a kind of darkness (not under the light of attention). Reaction certainly cause a break in direct observation. When memory responds under the influence of 'seeing' then there is no break in observation as awareness is seeing thought's origin and ending in the active present.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

This post was last updated by Sudhir Sharma Thu, 10 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #152
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

jean-m girard wrote:
am I not saying that I am reacting to what I see? Isn’t it the reaction to what we see, that is breaking off observation?

Isn't this statement confirm that effort with end result is distorting the observation?Making an effort with a result will always leads to reaction, is not that so?I think you have your heart on valueing the effort.That is the problem in our discussion.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #153
Thumb_417412_234781426642305_395805484_n jean-m girard Canada 93 posts in this forum Offline

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
Is this not directional/goal oriented action? If yes, then it should be called reaction.

Yes I would call this a reaction, I thought that this movement going from thought to observation was an action, I was mistaken. After experimenting today I have seen that it was not observation but my effort/reaction to go on observation. I thought there was no reaction to this movement but I was wrong there are effects. From what I saw today could it be that awareness of thought brings back the observation?

The dead can be put into words but the living cannot. Every word used to communicate about the living is the denial of the living.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #154
Thumb_417412_234781426642305_395805484_n jean-m girard Canada 93 posts in this forum Offline

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
When you decide ...this decision comes in the form of thought, doesn't it? So, the thought process has already started. Our mind compulsively lives in occupation and will endlessly keep on supplying thoughts one after the other, won't it?

For some raison I just thought it had to do with will, I could not see how I could move into observation any other way. I think I can see it better tonight, observing my reaction/effort which I was calling observation showed me I more natural way. I think it is possible that I did not have the assurance that it would happened so I decided to take care of it myself. You see thought was saying I will take care of it for you.

The dead can be put into words but the living cannot. Every word used to communicate about the living is the denial of the living.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #155

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
For doing this one has to understand "negative thinking" which is not related to positive and negative thoughts as we understand them.
One has to understand the relation between the inner emptiness and ending of thought rather than learn a new way of moving awareness in and out.

Thought is so full of speculation about all the good thing that will happen to me, of course we could call this positive thinking and also very deceiving. Negative thinking is the state of mind when every thing is black. When you talk about negative thinking, that you are making allusion for ex: (I don’t know) a state of mind which is negative in a sense of not knowing.

When you talk about (inner emptiness and ending of thought) I may have touch that state of mind , not sure a understand it. Today , while working I fell emptiness realizing that my effort was not there only for observation but all ever my life, with my friend , family, working relation , there was always and effort for every thing. While realizing this today, this made me felt empty; it was like I was losing something big. This seeing is changing a lot for me. Writing about it right now is making it stronger.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #156

I think you have your heart on valueing the effort

Yes I agree with you. I did not see that before.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #157

jean-m girard wrote:
From what I saw today could it be that awareness of thought brings back the observation?

Yes, it could be provided it is not an alteration.Please observe todays kinfonet quote of JK.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Fri, 11 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #158

I have been using the word 'awareness' quite often in my postings.I was wondering if it is really going well with me, or I am just useing it for my own convenience even without my knowledge.We are very sensitive to our organic body, a slight pain to it,the mind reacts immediatly.

Suppose that a bottle of poision, and a bottle of honey with a lable that for a sugar patients it is a poision.What do we expect from a average person who is prone to deibatic to do with that type of a choice to pick a bottle?He is not going to pick up poision battle, we can not say the same with honey bottle, inspite of it being equally likely to be poisionous.That is the normal take on our undestanding of the so called 'awareness'.Ask the change smokers about their habit of smoking, which happens to be a slow poisioning, the immediat reply would be: who wants to dei immediatly?

Could we be as sensitive to the illusions of the thought as we are sensitive to the physical threat?If that thing happens then the awareness is going deep down the entire psychological being.Isn't that so?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Fri, 11 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #159

jean-m girard wrote:
Today , while working I fell emptiness realizing that my effort was not there only for observation but all ever my life, with my friend , family, working relation , there was always and effort for every thing. While realizing this today, this made me felt empty; it was like I was losing something big. This seeing is changing a lot for me. Writing about it right now is making it stronger.

There is a feeling of emptiness that may come to be felt when anxiety and stress phase is over. Do you think your empty state could be that?

Once someone has tasted 'emptiness', then what is one going to do with that feeling? Keep on thinking about it? Try to be in that state as often as possible? Make it deeper and wider?

See, one can be stressful about 'emptiness'.:)

All knowledge about 'emptiness' is counter productive. What is one going to do about it? Is there a way that will give understanding of not making it an issue that keeps disturbing the peace of mind?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #160

Could we be as sensitive to the illusions of the thought as we are sensitive to the physical threat?

This question, if answered at the level of thought (intellectually), will have no meaning/significance So, how does one approach this question, ArjunaRao?.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #161

Yes, it could be provided it is not an alteration.Please observe todays kinfonet quote of JK.

24 hour ago I was under this impression that my effort was observation; if I look back I can see that the effect of managing my thought was not that great. So this is a plus for me I have learn something. Now we are saying my thought was unveil, expose and at the same time alter it’s approached with a new understanding and could keep me going like that for a while until a discover that this movement was a new learned movement from ego/thought? At this point I can only see that this movement had an effect on my thought, it did end it, so I would encourage it. I have exposed that my effort was not observation, which is great, are you saying that maybe 24 hour later, ego has already learned a new way and has modified it self so that it could served a copy of what I have learned yesterday? The yesterday experience has already alter into a copy, this copy in a long run is has poisons has the thought that effort is observation, it was great yesterday and it has already become memories/alter? This understanding could applied to every moment of our life, has soon has it is understood, it no longer applied?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #162

Could we be as sensitive to the illusions of the thought as we are sensitive to the physical threat?If that thing happens then the awareness is going deep down the entire psychological being.Isn't that so?

Yes we are sensitive to a physical treat, we can feel the smallest change of heat or cold, the smallest thing touching you body. Could we be has sensitive to the illusion of thought?
When it comes to thinking, what are we looking for? It’s authenticity? It’s veracity? It’s creativity? When I leaned something new there is a bit of a vacuum that happened in me.
Sensitivity with the illusion of thought has some thing to do with the wake it leaves behind doesn't it? Being able to read this wake has a lot to do with understanding your mind. I am and artiste painter, of course my sensitivity about line, color , shade has develop considering all the hour I have spend in from of a canvas, I had relation that was very telepathic, where the information is being transfer and understood by the whole body, all that is sensitivity , isn’t it? If there is something in life that has potential to develop, expand, is sensitivity. There is also a color , a shape , a sound, to thought, we may only need to learn to read the code.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #163

jean-m girard wrote:
Sensitivity with the illusion of thought has some thing to do with the wake it leaves behind doesn't it?

Yes, you are right.An illusion, at its final moments normally exposes the individual to a contridictory results/ a conflict/ a wreckage/a false, which is not what would have been expected when it was started as an idea.An idea could be an illusion if the individual would not hold unto himself during the progress of the idea.Of late these are quite common in finasail bussiness world wide.What Jk suggested was that pay attention to the thought process to avoid illusions.

PS: Normally an idea must be seen as we would see a bottle containing the poision,then we are sensitive.Do we see like that?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Sat, 12 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #164

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
All knowledge about 'emptiness' is counter productive. What is one going to do about it? Is there a way that will give understanding of not making it an issue that keeps disturbing the peace of mind?

I started to fill emptiness before I started to worry about it, I did not dwell on it , I simply move on, but now I know that it is there. My worry was not there because of the emptiness, it was there because I felt that people could see a difference in my way of being, I thought there were a detachment happening from me . I have tried to figure it out, I thought some kind of buffer zone and not really wanting to dive into it…lol
So you are saying intensify it, accustom your self to it but don’t try to understand it?

I think that if I look back to all the projection and goal I had embarking into this adventure, which was not emptiness; this may help to open myself a bit more to the unknown. I have to see; felling empties seem to have had an effect on other at this point, I means the world around me, this may be just speculation but it did seem better organize some how...lol

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #165

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:

PS: Normally an idea must seen as we would see a bottle containing the poision,then we are sensitive.Do we see like that?

Yes you are both making a reference to negatif thinking, I keep
discovering about it, on top of keeping us alert, it is also a beautifull state of mind, very calming. I think there is a lot to say about not knowing.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #166

jean-m girard wrote:
Yes you are both making a reference to negatif thinking, I keep
discovering about it, on top of keeping us alert, it is also a beautifull state of mind, very calming. I think there is a lot to say about not knowing.

I am glad that you are a very keen perusever of things on hand.Your proffession it appears makes you a good observer of nature.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #167

Is it really correct to blame the bussiness people alone for all the ills of the banking bussiness, stating that it is their self centred/ self-protective nature that is sole responsible for the turn of things.

Why do I go to market? Do I go to market to buy what I want or what I need?If I go to market just to get what I need, there is no need for high profile markets, just fair price shops run by governments are enough( in India such possibility is there). I hardly visit those shops because I want some thing more than what I need, and so is the bussinessman want more than what he needs to earn.A smart shopper rises a supper market with a scope to exploit the pleasure seeking, gratification mongging customers.

The econamics becomes an idea once the demand and supply is made to depend on the wants based on the cravings,urges,gratification, and satisfaction.The exploitation of materails, natural resources , and capitalal investiments are no where near/ in the neibougherhood of the typical index R/N( R=resources, N= people in a bussiness environment).
At this stage if market forces are to deside the turn of things, who would ultimatly have final say, except the ambitious men.

It goes with self- protective nature of the people involved in the market.An economic principle based on need of the people and available resources , turns into an idea ; the wants of people and generating resources to satisfy the customer.We have seen what this is like.Is the idea not showing up its illusive nature, and the affect on the people?I am just stating how the things are.It is up to the people to respond to it.How our consciousnes of this issue of market influences our psychi, that is more important if we are to avoid further illusions.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #168

How our consciousnes of this issue of market influences our psychi, that is more important if we are to avoid further illusions.

When some one has enough money to take care of his security, what does he do with the rest that is coming in? Money then becomes entertainment doesn’t it? The search for better, the pleasure of seen you bank account grow, refining your look trough more refine product. The majority of people here in America are in between the very rich and very poor; in the US I believed there are 22.4 percent of poor people or 39.5 million, so we are saying that there are about 325 million people that are comfortable and are looking for a little more. There is also organization like (Friends of the Earth), that have became international, offering good product and are base on a more reasonable distribution of the profit , renewable commerce/business which we should support, a step in the right direction. Those merchant (Friends of the Earth), are taking more and more space in the market because of the education they do, every one agree with a more fair commerce and feel good about it.

Has you say cravings, urges, gratification, ambition is certainly the root of the problem.
While we still admirer ambitious man, because of their wealth, people are staving. We are all willing to make an effort to get a little more. We also know that a little more will not do, this will go on for ever. You are asking (How our consciousness of this issue of market influencing our psychic?) I would say that consciousness of this issue, make us probably disappointed of our achievement. We look back and with regret, see time in our life where it would been possible to do better with our money. So this system is keeping all of us in a state of dissatisfaction, it is keeping us in a depress mode, because must of us don’t really believe that will ever be able to get out of this cycle. For other and I will put myself in this category, because money was less important, we venture ourselves into exploring other possibility so came to accept that money will not make me happy, so we have invested part of our energies else where and the problem remain, we are still not happy. So I don’t see much difference between, some one that dream to be rich, someone that try to be rich and someone that is rich? So I am too reasonable to hope that all system crash, because I can imagine the misery that this would bring about. I think we are stuck, our psychic is stuck, between wanting more and not wanting less, this system which is surely degrading is keeping all of us, juggling with state of illusionary stillness, they also call it public relation. Good question, you make me wander how would be life without all this hope for more.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #169

Is it really correct to blame the bussiness people alone for all the ills of the banking bussiness, stating that it is their self centred/ self-protective nature that is sole responsible for the turn of things.

I think it is correct to critic any social system, (banking or government or business) specially when they seem to favor only a few amount us, has they say the 1%. One think that is sure is that if those big corporation are surviving and making big profit, is because a lot people a supporting them. I do support them in a way that I am dealing with bank and other corporation to get what I need. If we build a trap to catch a rabbit how much responsibility will have the rabbit wicht is getting caught?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #170

jean-m girard wrote:
There is also organization like (Friends of the Earth), that have became international, offering good product and are base on a more reasonable distribution of the profit , renewable commerce/business which we should support, a step in the right direction.

It is a news to me that such bsussiness organization as you mentioned above exist.That type of bussinesses dipicts that bussiness is also living. In such cases the demand and suppley principle is then based on need and available resources, and within limits of the bussiness adoptabilities of the people involved as sellers and buyerrs.I think we must all support such markets to sustain for our own sake.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #171
Thumb_deleted_user_med Daniel Dan France 251 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

any business will always lead to the same situation...is my deep deep view..
any business idea in the mind shall end, if not dream on...the last 10 000 years will be the next 10 000 years..in my views..
greed cannot lead to goodness, never..

Dan.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #172

jean-m girard wrote:
So I am too reasonable to hope that all system crash, because I can imagine the misery that this would bring about.

Once we realise that there is a seriuos problem concerning our basic principle on which we involve ourselves in market, the correction could come about provided we keep to our demands to our needs; and the so called our demands based on wants do not exceed the ability to creat capital with means which does not contridict the fair distribution of wealth (R/N,R=resources, N= number of people in the bussiness environment).

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #173

Are you the same old friend of ours Muad dheed?(Dan Mohad dib)

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #174

Dan Mohad Dib wrote:
any business idea in the mind shall end, if not dream on...the last 10 000 years will be the next 10 000 years..in my views..

This sounds more like my old friend speaking(posting).

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #175
Thumb_deleted_user_med Daniel Dan France 251 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Are you the same old friend of ours Muad dheed?(Dan Mohad dib)

yes I am ...the computer does say this when I tried to re -register: oups there is a problem it seems that the name had already been used....

then I had to change the name and email....
computer which is the son of the analytical mind , both so intelligent..::))

cheers..Dan..

Dan.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #176

Dan Mohad Dib wrote:
Dan..

Nice to see you back on the site.Your cleaning of your mind free of illusions need not sound so pesimistic.No hard conclussions.Just live them.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Sun, 13 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #177

Nice to see you back on the site.Your cleaning of your mind free of illusions need not sound so pessimistic.No hard conclusions.Just live them.

thanks, I needed to write...pessimistic ? I don't know , it may sound this way but the world is factually totally insane ,barbaric, and again recently peacefully bombarding a country(men,wives,children) for the wealth of the richest, I am sorry but I can't rest my mind, and I don't want,the sleeping time is over and if I rest my life is already over even if the body is there...but for me some conclusions are in the category facts too....well k's world seems to have a problem with some conclusion ??am I right to say that ?

Again thanks too to yourself anyway..
cheers..
Dan .....

Dan.

This post was last updated by Daniel Dan (account deleted) Sun, 13 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #178

Dan Mohad Dib wrote:

K ( I can only see the total movement of greed when there is no direction - to get rid of it, to stop it, to suppress it - all that prevents me from looking at greed totally. Right? Because, as we said the other day, direction is fragmentary, which is a motive? Motive is fragmentary. The motive gives a direction and therefore it is fragmentary. When we have a directive, that I must get rid of it - greed - then I have moved along a certain direction, therefore direction prevents me from seeing the whole.)

Hi Dan, I assume that I am not talking to a wealthy man, maybe a man that is in a similar situation than I, working hard for his money and not a lot to show for a life time of work.
I never saw myself has a greedy man; I have share what I had. It seem to me that your word are directed to business man and has mention here a direction or a motif would be fragmentary so would not give an accurate picture of the whole.

K (I am not greedy for wealth, or money, position, status and all the horrors, but I am terribly greedy to have truth - you follow? - to find truth.)

May be the second statement of K would give us a better example of the greed, that we share has people like us that have been seriously looking for real answer, if we want to have a wholly understanding of greed? I have not research the subject that much, this may be the first time I ask my self if I am greedy to have the truth? We may ask ourselves if being greedy here would have anything to do with keeping the true for ourselves? Has greedy people we could enjoy flashing it left and right without ever giving any clue on how to find it, this would be greed doesn’t it? If we are one mind, greed has to be in every one us? It is certainly not limited to only rich people. How does greed would manifest with people like you and I that have find a precious source of information?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #179

jean-m girard wrote:
As greedy people we could enjoy flashing it left and right without ever giving any clue on how to find it, this would be greed doesn’t it? If we are one mind, greed has to be in every one us?

The greed is a process of thought which further consalidates the process of accumilation or process of posession of wealth/things that are prescious.In fact this is stregthening the self- protection nature of the individual.This is the basic nature of an ambistious man.The leadership of this bussiness life is in the hands of such ambistious people.It is tough opposing or faceing the dominace, cunning nature of those people .It is to this that Dan has been indignant, so are we.Our main problem is in this process of our indignation?We have to search the answer in the domain of our problem.It came into existance because of their over dominace.It has to be faced with opening new and fair markets where their dominace is not there, like our friends of thearth.Should we not support them.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #180

There are several reasons why only very few people really dominate in the bussines.Bussinace is most advanced extrovertic and materailistic way life of the mankind.Every body has to be under its influence as long as the individual has reactions to the environment in which he is living.The dominace matters in the market.The expalanations,formulas, and theories are only escapes from facing the dominace, the dominace has to be faced by starting new ventures with a fair means of bussiness, where the profit gets distributes equally and fairly.The system should not allow a person to accumilate wealth/ rich over night.This is what we need to be in the market?The self-protective nature of the individual has to receed whether he is a customer or a bussinessman. Is that possible?(This is in respons to the quote of today.)

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 151 - 180 of 743 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)