Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future.

Displaying posts 61 - 90 of 743 in total
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #61
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 2204 posts in this forum Offline

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
How long are you going to stay, brother?

as me speak.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #62
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

Somehow I felt going on the same root for a walk every day appeared to me that the walking has become mechanical ,last its purpose as an active living process.I changed the root.It was from my flats on Asif Nagar&Mehadipattanam road to Durga near Tolli- Chouki,nearly 3km,east to west.On returning I will have to face the sun directly.The walking has been becoming a tiet walking exserise,is hounting for some time.I tryed to change the direction, the mind had been registing the change.

I had to explore the rout as it was quite new as far as my walking is concerned.On return I walked into the raithu bazar(Grosory market).A old friend called me from the side.He had been demanding a visit to his house in mehadipattanam for the last few years,I have not been able to go trace his house in that concreat jungal.This time he enquired where abouts of house location.Probley he would make it to my house.The so called resiprocation, gets me on my knots.The visit , just did not happen.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Thu, 06 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #63

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
perception/observation' between two thoughts/reactions as 'pure perception'?

As far as the thought does not come in the way of observation, it can be a pure observation, it may not satisfy you.If seeking prevails, thought has not stopped its work.We can dispute on this with no avail.

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Then there will be moments of clear perception again and so on. This is all one is doing without effort not bothering at all about aloneness/lonliness business. Such a movement of observation in active present will certainly quieten the mind.

This point of not to bothering about aloneness and lonliness can be taken note off.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #64

Post #62 and #63 together look like commentaries on living.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Thu, 06 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #65

ganesan balachandran wrote:
Post #62 and #63 together look like commentaries on living.

All reactions are repititions or immitations,what to do ?this topic is such.Will they subside?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #66

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
All reactions are repititions or immitations,what to do ?

No, No, i enjoyed them.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #67
Thumb_avatar me speak Sri Lanka 392 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Davidson wrote:
Dear brother Mr Speakeasy,
You will find that a little dob of ghee at the end of it will reduce the friction considerably.

so you finally decided to come out of closet, brother! thanks, but no thanks for for sharing your well kept secret.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #68

as me speak.

'me speak' is there with us all, brother gb, till we breathe our last!

Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #69

All reactions are repititions or immitations,what to do ?this topic is such.Will they subside?

never, brother rao. you want to get rid of 'me' by some 'doing', so it will stay forever.:)

Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #70

me speak wrote:
never, brother rao. you want to get rid of 'me' by some 'doing', so it will stay forever.:)

Thanks for the reminder.Undestanding of reactions could be possible.

nothing

Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #71

No, No, i enjoyed them.
gb

Do not bother, it was a reminder to me?I knew you liked it.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #72
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

me speak wrote:
so you finally decided to come out of closet, brother!

No, I have been advocating ghee for quite some time now. You can do many things with it . . . but please do not try to ingest it if you do not want the Delhi Belly.

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #73
Thumb_avatar Ravi Seth India 1573 posts in this forum Offline

me speak wrote:
Paul Davidson wrote:

Dear brother Mr Speakeasy,
You will find that a little dob of ghee at the end of it will reduce the friction considerably.
so you finally decided to come out of closet, brother! thanks, but no thanks for for sharing your well kept secret.>

Not so loudly dear.You both are discussing a precious secret, mind you.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #74
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 1989 posts in this forum Offline

Both the questions that you have asked above are going to get repeated in the mind many times. So, they are also reactions, aren't they?

Will the outcome change if we replace our wish for their subsiding by 'observing' (from start/arising to finish/ending) the reaction and reaction to reaction?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 #75

As far as the thought does not come in the way of observation, it can be a pure observation,...

There are two kind of observation, ArjunaRao. One is when thought does not interfere (because it is quiet for the moment) and another is where it can not interfere (because this field of observation is beyond its reach). You remember the saying, "where Other is, the self is not". The second kind of observation does not permit thoughts to enter. Any input on this?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 07 Oct 2011 #76

Ravi Seth wrote:
Not so loudly dear.

deaf may hear.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 07 Oct 2011 #77
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

deaf may hear.

And dogs without noses may smell terrible

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 #78
Thumb_deleted_user_med Muad dhib Ireland 175 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
There are two kind of observation, ArjunaRao. One is when thought does not interfere (because it is quiet for the moment) and another is where it can not interfere (because this field of observation is beyond its reach).

sudhir and arjunarao if I may..interfere .
there is another thing I see ,well I think that I see :)..,thought(analysing process) may be trying to interfere so is not quiet at all , but the disturbance of life is bringing the doubt to thought itself when thought had seen at least once that it is the trouble maker in some circumstances , which will occurs only in my view when there is only the disturbance left ,thought it is not willing to suffer but is usually ignorant of what is going on beyond its level of so called competence,then it immediately starts doubting itself deeply like : oh my gods this pain is me, and this may give a spark where thinking or analysing stops interfering and if it is even for a second this is enough to bring the first spark of unexpected intelligence in life..then the direction of a life will change ,without having a single clue where it will lead....

then the quest for some security becomes a rather different matter,security born in the program which needs to know even if it is a lie , because the program I mention here is looking at its own recording , and not at the instant...this means that I never look at the sky , but at the recording of the sky...

Dan.....

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 #79

Muad dhib wrote:

I have strange reply to this.See if it is going to make sense.IAll I am going to do is replace thought by self see if it works.

Muad dhib wrote:
there is another thing I see ,well I think that I see :)..,self(analysing process) may be trying to interfere so is not quiet at all , but the disturbance of life is bringing the doubt to self itself when selft had seen at least once that it is the trouble maker in some circumstances , which will occurs only in my view when there is only the disturbance left ,self it is not willing to suffer but is usually ignorant of what is going on beyond its level of so called competence,then it immediately starts doubting itself deeply like : oh my gods this pain is me, and this may give a spark where thinking or analysing stops interfering and if it is even for a second this is enough to bring the first spark of unexpected intelligence in life..then the direction of a life will change ,without having a single clue where it will lead....

nothing

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 #80

Am I to conclude that self is thought?

nothing

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 #81
Thumb_deleted_user_med Muad dhib Ireland 175 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Am I to conclude that self is thought?

you may...words are difficult when it comes to non visual description I find !!

Dan.....

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 #82

I went for my wlking at about 7.30 am.It was to south of the place I am living(Afinagar-Mehdipattanam..even Hyderabad).Part of starting of the old nizam state.Normally people still think it was what 60 years back.A conclussion I had to change after walking was completed.

There are many old nizam building structures involving masqes,office buildings,old grave yards, school structures, and grand old bhags(Old gardens..unkept)Traditional houses of hindus and muslims.It was after the three mojor festivals,1) ganesh(hindu),2)ramzan,3)dasara(recent ..hindus)) whole area looked full of colour and josh of the people with colourfull flags all over the place.There was a majestic old structure against the white and bluesh sky line with beatifull old and magestic tree, full of dark green trees,which looked very grand.It appeared as if that for a second the observed,the disciption ,the sky line and me were hanging together.Next second it looked as if I was flat on the ground,after haveing fallen from the one of the palm trees which were standing besides the grand old masqe.

The second conclussion is about the old city,and about peoples attitude to changeing times.There is a visable commersail activityandnew building activity.There is an urge to cling to the tradition from both communities, out of identity,but that does not prevent them doing commerce.Commerce seem to be more complussion than an order.I wonder if there is going to be a domografic change ?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Fri, 07 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 08 Oct 2011 #83

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Will the outcome change if we replace our wish for their subsiding by 'observing' (from start/arising to finish/ending) the reaction and reaction to reaction?

Why not?If the replacement does not carry a subtle form of desire within.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 08 Oct 2011 #84

Off late I have been spending more than an hour for completeing the walk.A friend of mine suggested that 45 minite brisk walk was suffiesaint for a good health.No dispute with that.My health includes,my mind also.How do I keep health of my psychi?First thing that I require are space and time for watching my mind's health.How do I get them?,except from a long walk.The health of my mind at this moment depends on the freedom that it has from the reactions.

I am physically free during a long walk ,all alone.Long and strenous walk, needs attention and alertness,if there is no serious thought which is hounting the mind,then there is observation alone, till a thought split itself to give a way to the thinker. Then things are as useval.

Whole obsevation of the old city during the walk was strict following of people confirming to their tradition, and compiteing in the consumarism.Two contridictory forces running through the populus.Every thing looks fine right now.The expectations matters.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Sat, 08 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 #85

Just before I was to start for the walk,my spouse had declared that she would change the place of all dead people's phots from frant room,and replace them with all the gods phots,more out of aspiring to become a grand mother.It was more a reaction to my turning out be an agnostic of late.It really did not matter to me much.She had her way.I just pointed outto her what a straint it was to maintain to so many sentiments.That has no avail before the aspiration.

Much of the walk was over taken by the beliefs and tradition.When we were under the influence of a belief,we never question why we have a belief.If the belief is about god, the tradition readily supports.The problem comes up when you step out of tradition, when you chose to do some thing which you most desire.Yet we allow the mind to carry them for generations.When the heat of the belief is still persisting, loss of energy is never felt.When we are flat mentaly,the( emptyness)vecatness is felt.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Sun, 09 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 #86

She had her way.

But humility says that as long as there is pain there will be the generation of new beliefs to replace the old. Even going for walks can become a belief. Watch it all with amusement and forgive, which is to let go.

Look how easily we fall into the belief that it is necessary to dissolve the self. Necessary? Why? And this same belief is 5% of our energy while the 95% is spent on maintaining and enjoying being a self. So please take your self for a walk, it needs the air.

And maybe your wife needs to get you out of the place. She has her work to do.

We are all still so terribly ordinary and, after all, it is how we like it, no matter what we say.

Oh, with regard to the dead people: They got tired of being stared at. And your wife is putting more joyful pictures in their place. Thank her for that.

This post was last updated by Paul Davidson (account deleted) Sun, 09 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 #87

Paul Davidson wrote:
But humility says that as long as there is pain there will be the generation of new beliefs to replace the old. Even going for walks can become a belief. Watch it all with amusement and forgive, which is to let go.

I woneder If I am really going for a walk out of a belief!.It needs probing.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 #88

When the heat of the belief is still persisting, loss of energy is never felt.When we are flat mentaly,the( emptyness)vecatness is felt.

Dear ArjunaRao, 'emptiness/silence' is not flat mental state energy wise. When the energy entangled in belief system becomes free and available, then only 'emptiness/silence come in to being. This state is the state of total energy.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 #89

I woneder If I am really going for a walk out of a belief!.It needs probing.

And I am wondering in what manner this probing will be started by you!

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 #90

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:

Dear ArjunaRao, 'emptiness/silence' is not flat mental state energy wise.

I was not meaning that,it means exerstion after loss of energy due to belief, which appears some thing drained out and vecant.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Sun, 09 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 61 - 90 of 743 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)