Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future.

Displaying posts 691 - 720 of 743 in total
Sat, 05 Jan 2013 #691
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

Just be aware that though the poster is in USA,his laptop is still in India by time.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #692

It was really engaging for this being to be one with the members of this forum for the last eighteen months or so. Perhaps time has come to end the engagement so that fresh beginning could spring up; otherwise it was simple repeating mechanically without a respite from dullness. A bore that could be avoided only when a fresh beginning could be there. But is there a fresh beginning without ending of the mental moorings in the past? We never end what we have been enjoying for so long, unless pleasure turns into a pain. Yes we abhor boredom, but how could bore never germinate without mental freshness in offing? Therefore for those who wish to have freshness and new beginning, must know what is to end their musings; and be in present to witness a freshness to breeze through their backyard.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 22 Jun 2013 #693

'The self, the consciousness of the me and the mine, is built up through craving, by a series of thoughts and feelings not only in the past but by the influence of that past in the present. We are the result of the past; our being is founded in it. The many interrelated layers of our consciousness are the out come of the past. This past is to be studied and understood through the living present; through the data of the present the past is uncovered. In studying the self and its cause, craving, we shall begin to understand the way of ignorance and sorrow. To merely deny craving, to merely oppose its many expressions is not to transcend it but to continue in it. To deny worldliness is still to be worldly; but if you understand the ways of craving then the tyranny of the opposites, possession and non-possession, merit and demerit, ceases. If we deeply inquire into craving, meditating upon it, becoming aware of its deeper and wider significance and so begin to transcend it, we shall awaken to a new, different faculty which is not begotten of craving nor of the conflict of the opposites. Through constant self-awareness there comes unidentifying observation, the study of the self without judgment. Through this awareness the many layers of self-consciousness are discovered and understood. Self-knowledge brings right thinking which alone will free thought-feeling from craving and its many conflicting sorrows.'(22-06-2013)

This is something to think over.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #694

It is long time since the poster found it to post in this thread. He has been haunted by few dating website with several of their sensations creating packages to get him into their full memberships. He has been vexed with their supply of thought interfered sensations, and he has been ignoring them. But the mail box was just filled with dating mails. He was advised to unsubscribe .He did it, but of no avail. It appears that there is a closing form for unsubscribing. Form needed a final comment on why he was unsubscribing, so the poster has to write this:
“I have stopped depending on thought interfered sensations. You cannot supply sensations anything other than thought provoked. I have to find myself pure sensations that my senses supply. Thank you.”
Probably one is sure of what thought provoked sensations are. But can one really observe one’s pure sensations without interference from thought process? This is what must be interesting to those who visit this site.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Wed, 17 Sep 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #695
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3155 posts in this forum Offline

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
Probably one is sure of what thought provoked sensations are. But can one really observe one’s pure sensations without interference from thought process? This is what must be interesting to those who visit this site.

What is important is to understand the fact, isn't it? What thought and emotion are actually doing...rather than strive to be without "interference from thought" That would just be another craving, right?

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #696
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

. . . can one really observe one’s pure sensations without interference from thought process?

There are two choices here. (1) We can discuss this with our friends, or (2) we can see for ourselves if it can be done.

max

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #697

Tom Paine wrote:
What is important is to understand the fact, isn't it?

Yes.

Tom Paine wrote:
What thought and emotion are actually doing...rather than strive to be without "interference from thought"

Yes.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #698

max greene wrote:
(1) We can discuss this with our friends

Friends can also discuss on this thread. Very nice to meet you ,sir, on the thread after a long time.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #699

Yes, one ought to be able to do both, discuss with friends and see for one's self.

max

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #700

Tom Paine wrote:
What is important is to understand the fact, isn't it? What thought and emotion are actually doing...rather than strive to be without "interference from thought"

Yes, it is essential to be with the fact and not to wander off striving for an ideal that is not the present state.

"Can one really observe one's pure sensations?"

One hates. Can one sense, be aware that he hates? There is an awareness that hate is possible only if there is someone or something that hates. Otherwise, hate is non-existent.

max

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #701

One wonders if there is really a direct axis to the sensations that our senses supply to us, except through reactions as thoughts ,and emotions . Do we really take them as Reponses or information from sensations? Something seems to go wrong with our understanding those reactions.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #702
Thumb_stringio Bob D. United States 273 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

One wonders if there is really a direct axis to the sensations that our senses supply to us, except through reactions as thoughts ,and emotions . Do we really take them as Reponses or information from sensations? Something seems to go wrong with our understanding those reactions.

We are doomed from the start due to the fact that we are searching for some sort of permanent happiness, which of course; is highly impractical. Any deviation from thought's goals, increases thought's power over us. If we are feeling bliss...we fight to hang on to it, ultimately turning it into suffering.

If you can roll in it...it's gotta be healthy.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #703
Thumb_stringio Falco Peregrinus Nepal 256 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

W James and later Damasio (and if the observation is good enough, we can also..) confirms the following:

It is not that we see a bear, fear it, and run; we see a bear and run; consequently, we fear the bear.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #704

Bob D. wrote:
Any deviation from thought's goals, increases thought's power over us.

So, thought interferes our sensations is a fact. Now I would put it differently , can thought really come into existence without interfering with sensations?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #705

So, thought interferes our sensations is a fact. Now I would put it differently , can thought really come into existence without interfering with sensations?

The comparative mind is always judging and discriminating.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #706
Thumb_stringio The Krinch United States 36 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Now I would put it differently , can thought really come into existence without interfering with sensations?

Welcome back, Kamarajugadda,

Thought is built upon sensation, is it not? Only if one perceives them as separate does one wonder about their supposed interaction or interference. K was clear that thought and sensation are not separate. As he saw it, the problem is that we wrongly perceive them as separate.

I will ask a question of those for whom thought and sensation are perceived of as separate: Do you sense them as separate or do you think they are separate?

You will see it comes to the same.

This post was last updated by The Krinch (account deleted) Wed, 17 Sep 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #707
Thumb_stringio Falco Peregrinus Nepal 256 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

The Krinch wrote:
I will ask a question of those for whom thought and sensation are perceived of as separate: Do you sense them as separate or do you think they are separate?

You will see it comes to the same.

The Krinch, as I see, 'sensing' is same as 'knowing/experiencing'. Thinking might follow as an extension to sensing, but then, 'memory' as response comes into picture.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #708

The thought is what separates itself from the sensation. But all thoughts were put into the consciousness by someone else. I.E..this sensation is good, this one is bad, this one hurts, this one doesn't.

This post was last updated by Bob D. (account deleted) Wed, 17 Sep 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #709

The Krinch wrote:
Welcome back, Kamarajugadda,

Thought is built upon sensation, is it not?

Yes, my dear friend, I am just unfolding your fresh disguise, but how do we get the pure sensations out of our sense organs? Is that ever possible?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Wed, 17 Sep 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #710

Yes, my dear friend, I am just unfolding your fresh disguise, but how do we get the pure sensations out our sense organs? Is that ever possible?

I am curious...why would one concern his/her self about whether it is possible or not?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #711

Bob D. wrote:
I am curious...why would one concern his/her self about whether it is possible or not?

Very simple. We have the knowledge of JK which suggests that there is a possibility of such a sensation. We have to find out if it is true?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #712

Very simple. We have the knowledge of JK which suggests that there is a possibility of such a sensation. We have to find out if it is true?

I've been on and off these boards for quite a few years and I guess I've come to the conclusion that JK's truths were his own. They can't help me.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #713

Bob D. wrote:
I guess I've come to the conclusion that JK's truths were his own. They can't help me.

Yes, the conclusions are one's own, especially conclusions concerning the psych. If both of us have not come to any conclusion perhaps we could discuss few more aspects of pure sensations. Thanks.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #714

Yes, the conclusions are one's own, especially conclusions concerning the psych. If both of us have not come to any conclusion perhaps we could discuss few more aspects of pure sensations. Thanks.

There can never be conclusions I am afraid. Mine is the happy resignation of one that does not know, nor can directly touch.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 #715

Yes, may be you are right that one cannot touch sensations as one likes. That is, one cannot prevent thought interfering with sensations. At least it appears like that. Is that final state?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 #716
Thumb_stringio The Krinch United States 36 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

how do we get the pure sensations out of our sense organs? Is that ever possible?

Like going back to Cannon and asking how I can get 22 pages per minute, like it said on the advert when I first bought the damn printer, yes?

You cannot have your cake and eat it, sir. The moment you have a 'pure sensation' you will try to make sense of it. Nature demands!

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Apr 2016 #717

The poster was wondering if he really and consciously knew that he was just using his background to reflect the inbuilt time consciousness in his psychosomatic system in his whole being or he had just the idea that there were desires in the past, desires in the present, and there would desires in the future? and who it reflected on his personality . For sure there was never a notion that whole time is in the present. Just would like to find out if these reflections really reflect that our thought process divides our minds?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Apr 2016 #718
Thumb_stringio Daniel Paul. Ireland 100 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Just would like to find out if these reflections really reflect that our thought process divides our minds?

Hello , very long time no see , welcome back ..

what I understand is that to analyse there is the vital need to create two separates elements....one who knows, so it thinks, one which is under the scrutiny of the one who knows, so it thinks...

if there is not this splitting, there can't be analysing...and thing is , in my view, analysing is vital regarding what we are and how we need to function to exist..

then what ?? it goes wrong if one sees war,cheating, conflict, violence , mass murders etc etc and suffering, sorrow etc as wrong...

so we have a process which goes wrong, then the need to fix something...etc

cheers..

Dan ...........

This post was last updated by Daniel Paul. (account deleted) Tue, 26 Apr 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Apr 2016 #719

paul daniel wrote:
if there is not this splitting, there can't be analysing...and thing is , in my view, analysing is vital regarding what we are and how we need to function to exist..

Very nice to interact with you Dan. I must say there has been qualitative change in your write ups in recent times,I have been reading all most all your post in this forum .Yes for the interactive functions we have to split the mind, otherwise we can not function. Then we have its fall out which creates actual problems. We see the problems as arising on their own accord ,not due to splitting the mind. We are caught in perpetual problem solving mode.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 27 Apr 2016 #720
Thumb_stringio Daniel Paul. Ireland 100 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Yes for the interactive functions we have to split the mind, otherwise we can not function.

Hello again ArjunaRao

All this is automatic in my view, it works on its own...

Then we have its fall out which creates actual problems

The way we "use" that, in the absence of any other "capacity", program, talent or whatever, or it creates problems or is incapable to solve most....but is enough to survive somehow, by stealing, imposing, cheating, killing etc etc

We see the problems as arising on their own accord ,not due to splitting the mind.

Well it could well be that this splitting de facto creating a disconnection from the whole of what Nature is , personified by a so called I is a problem where used in wrong places...

for me exactly like physical pain a sorrow appears when we do so use this divided capacity in fields where it must not apply....the point is to listen to it , and for that be aware that there is such symptom...the divided me has no clue about that and just try to escape....this leads to utter madness and mass killing out of pain, severe heavy pain for all it is ..always there even when I think not..

We are caught in perpetual problem solving mode.

well in practical fields yes and know, since a while and now we are creating more than solving some...as to the mental problems we are not solving any but attempting to run away...how can we run away from what is unknown to us? impossible of course..

in a deadly catch 22 we are....my view only..

cheers..;-)

Dan ...........

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 691 - 720 of 743 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)