Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

Eve G.'s Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 1570 in total
Topic: cuckoo in other bird's nest... Sun, 09 Aug 2015

The dead are living and the living are dead. A famous poet said this but I forgot his name. Seems applicable here. Does this mean none of us are having any 'love affairs' to discuss?

Would be an interesting shift of topic, don't you think?

Topic: cuckoo in other bird's nest... Sun, 09 Aug 2015

Hi Dhi, I see all the old friends are still here talking about K's love affairs. All these people are dead and we are still alive, why not talk about our love affairs and let the dead rest?

Topic: What is the real meaning of harassment in the forums ? Fri, 13 Sep 2013

Patricia Hemingway wrote: Do you notice that the serious inquirers have all left? Any wonder!

You mean KinfoNUT? there is nothing here but what you have stated....:) Waste of time.

Topic: Violence on Kinfonet Mon, 19 Aug 2013

Satya Prakash wrote: Projecting something like this leads to conflict of what is with what should be, Eve.

Only for the mindset invested in becoming and noise.

Jack Pine wrote: And Eve, don't try and take the high ground.

No such intention, Jack. Then was then and now is now. We have all taken the low road. It doesn't mean that we must continue.

Jack Pine wrote: There is no forum for change. Where does change begin? On the internet? And if you want to transcend "it" you're already in trouble. Seeing what "it" is and staying with it might be more to the point than wanting or desiring something beyond what is.

This is a good example of 'the word is not the thing'. The forum for change can be oneself as the structure of the self understand its own limitation. If we did not understand the need for change, it is unlikely that any of us would be here.

This place is not a good place to explore the teachings of Krishanji. It is all about knowledge, the word and the battles of images. The nature of the change from disorder is silence, here all there is the noise or sword rattling.

Topic: Violence on Kinfonet Sun, 18 Aug 2013

max greene wrote: Quite true, B, that these forums are a sad mixture of violence and silliness -- but that, literally, is also a description of life in this society.

Maybe you can reconsider your withdrawal. Why leave the field to those who are violent and silly? There must be a corner or two here on Kinfonet where matters can be discussed in a reasonable way.

Quite simply Max, I see it as B does. The only intelligent response to this is silence. There is no possibility here for a meaningful discussion. This is all about the word, if you want to transcend it, this is not the forum for change.

Topic: What does it mean to live in society without being of society? Thu, 01 Aug 2013

alt text>Jack Pine wrote:

But don't you see the obvious? You're the one trying to control what nearly everyone posts on this forum by pretending to see what's not there. You constantly misinterpret what has been written then you go off on some tirade.

This isn't the Jack Pine forum and it isn't the Randal forum either.

Being in society and NOT being of it......is this being or not being of it?

Topic: Hey Tue, 30 Jul 2013

randal patrick wrote: I somehow can't seem to make sense of many of the things you say Eve. Do you post when you are drinking?

Really Randal try again.

Jack Pine wrote: I'm back in town and I can kick anybody's ass in this here saloon. Who wants to be first?

http://youtu.be/9iteRKvRKFA

Glad you are back Jack and I hope you had a good trip. The 'posse' is gone because there is nothing worth participating in here. The only intelligent response to Kinfonut is silence.

randal patrick wrote: Makes me want to fire up a marlboro, if I smoked, which I don't.

When did you quit or this does not include the mind altering version?

randal patrick wrote: I don't have to think Jack, I felt the noose around my neck. I've been called every name in the book and I'm here as a reminder.

You had a noose around your neck? You really should stop smoking this stuff your imagination is a threat to your life and creates problems with paranoia and memory. This shouldn't be a problem to one who is self realized.

Topic: baboon war Fri, 26 Jul 2013

randal patrick wrote: That all depends.

Yes on the baboons.

Randal, what 'others' say is belief and opinion what you say is the word of God. Do you have anything else to say?

randal patrick wrote: That's eve's perspective also, that I do what I do simply to seek attention. I will suggest rather, that is why you do, what you do.

Since I have not responded to your posts for months now, how am I exactly seeking attention?

Topic: read it Sun, 14 Jul 2013

Arivalagan S wrote: How wonderful! Did you do it?

Did it? or doing it?

Topic: read it Sun, 14 Jul 2013

dhirendra singh wrote: Because it is that discovery which liberates.

....thanks Dhi and Max. The discovery is about oneself and as Max said it is painful. The propensity here is to tell everyone else what is wrong with them instead of learning about ourselves.

Topic: K was different. Wed, 26 Jun 2013

Hi Dhi,

Poor Krishnaji, 'wasted' 60 years talking about something that is impossible:). If the first step is 'becoming transformed'/desire, the last step is the same.

If it is about choice, one would recommend the beach with Randal's ex girlfriend - hot bikini/combat boot combination;).

Topic: Violence on Kinfonet Sun, 23 Jun 2013

Image maker is and idea that kills.

Topic: really? he said that? Wed, 12 Jun 2013

Ravi Seth wrote: There is only one personal agenda and that is you owe me $ 71 which i spent as advance to book the cottage in Almora.Kindly send that fast.i am a poor man and you promised to share the expanses. :-)

I am happy to comply Ravi, all you had to do is tell me about it instead of acting it out. I had no idea that I owed you money and I am very sorry...Next time try my email instead of this forum. I just sent you an email. I am leaving on Saturday for Sri Lanka and I need all your bank codes for a wire transfer:). You should have said something and I am happy to pay it all not only part of it.

Topic: really? he said that? Wed, 12 Jun 2013

Ravi Seth wrote: If you are referring to my post 95 you havn't got the joke.Eve ,though gets the message but murders the joke by taking it too seriously by distancing herself from me.

Ravi, in the post just above yours, I have invited you and your family to my house. Kindly explain how is that distancing myself from you? I do understand what the astrologer means ;).

Topic: really? he said that? Tue, 11 Jun 2013

Ravi Seth wrote: Beware, i am coming to java.i know your address.

Mi casa e su casa. My house is your house. Come! You and your family are always welcome...and don't forget to bring your written or oral memories of the talks.

dhirendra singh wrote: -) okay, but every one has written about him, mostly

Maybe you have to read between the lines :)

dhirendra singh wrote: K said to many people, who have spent a good time with him, to write about him.

Correction, not to write about him but about themselves in relationship to him :)

dhirendra singh wrote: Hi eve, ravi is saying that he attended for ten years not ten tallks:-)

For ten years ALL talks wow that would be lots of talks and it explains why he is so attached to his state ;).

Ravi Seth wrote: Ojai must be different :-)

Obviously :). Not only Ojai but also Saanen in Switzerland. Ravi, NO body said he said this DURING THE TALKS read what I have written again and read what Jack has written. He said this in school gatherings and other gatherings at his house. (asking people who attended the talks to write about their own experiences in the talks).

In the case of Sydney Fields in the writing that John posted he was urging him to write and he was asking him why is he not diligent about it. Find the Sydney writings in Johns forum and read for your self.

You attended talks for ten years, thats awesome I would love to read what they were like, did you keep a journal, would you want to share them?

dhirendra singh wrote: I have an opinion about it. Teachings credibility depends upon teacher's credibility. People who lived with him for years must know his daily life, like was he attached, was he living in past, was he self centered, was he greedy, was he living the teaching, most of us think that we can never know that any one is living the teaching or not, but this is not fully true, one can't hide greed, attachment, self centered acitivity. So to let people know, that they are not wasting their time with a fake person, he suggested to write about him and other things.

I totally agree. :) I was involved in a situation where I heard someone tell Krishnaji that what he wanted people to do was impossible. K answered that it is either possible or he is a freak. This is not a direct quote but it is the essence of what he said. And then he asked if we thought he was a freak. Well it was obvious that no one thought he was a freak. So we were left with 'then it is possible'.

But you know Dhi it is not worth spending anymore time with this. It doesn't really matter if anyone believes it or not;).

Ravi Seth wrote: With folded hands you are requested to give one incident, only one like what you say ever recorded in books,video,audio etc.

Ravi, ask John on his forum to quote the sources. John put a series of talks by people like Sydney Fields and others all who wrote because K urged them to write. Jack heard it from him I heard it my parents heard it. And in Ojai it is common knowledge. The Michael Chronicles say that. He asked people who attended the talks to write about the talks they attended.

Why I don't know.

dhirendra singh wrote: My question is, if any body know the answer, why K said to anybody ( be it pupul or whoever) to write about him?

What do you think Dahi? Why do you suppose a man without self, without self importance would want people who came in contact with him to write about their experience?

He didn't say write if you like me, or if you agreed with me. He just said write about what it was like to be in his presence. He did't say write about K, talk about him but to talk about ourselves being in his presence. Why?

Topic: really? he said that? Thu, 06 Jun 2013

There is another possibility. We are stating a fact and you are doing all the interpreting.

"See thought arising; watch it. Without that, all else is illusion and becoming."

Are you watching?

Topic: Out of the context, but my friends, tell me how do you manage to live single? Sat, 01 Jun 2013

randal patrick wrote: I have no problem with you responding, I just ask that you keep your anger and frustration from directing/motivating your responses.

Not belabor the point and then go on using me as an example, implying that I am insane? How is that stopping to antagonize and provoke?

Please don't tell me what I feel and what I think, you are not me or in my body and you dictating my feelings for me is part of this pretending to know. What you have written above is also untrue another conclusion and misperception taken out of context.

You have been doing this for years and I just got fed up with it. I prefer not to address you at all. Don't use me as examples do not respond to me as I will not respond to you or use you as an example can you do that? and we move on....

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 1570 in total