Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

Jack Pine's Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 5852 in total
Topic: On Pretentious and Hypocsisy 13 hours ago

Idiot, You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing. Whining, bullying, emotional, making up childish lies about someone you don't know and so on. Why are you so angry?

The subject I started had to do with comparison. People comparing themselves with others instead of understanding what makes us what we are. If you would like to discuss that it may be more interesting than name calling.

You do see the hypocrisy in what you have written above don't you?

Thanks for the spelling corrections. Spelling never was my long suit. I was always more interested in math and science. Still am. Have a pleasant day Idiot. Stay healthy.

Topic: On Pretentious and Hypocsisy 17 hours ago

Why you posted what you did basically saying you are above certain activity that all humans engage in at one time or another is for you to understand.

Clive, weren't you comparing yourself to others when you wrote: *I have never understood why a few people, for some reason, unknown to me, turn discussions into personal attacks. Basically, you were saying I am different from "you" or better than "you". "You" being someone else you have judged and found to be in error.

We all compare ourselves to others. We have been conditioned since nearly the beginning of our lives to compare ourselves to others. In the US we start out in school being graded, A through F, on our understanding and performance in the classroom and being compared to other students who did better or worse.

Comparison is one of those activities that builds the center, the ego, the self image. Does this appear to be accurate?

Topic: On Pretentious and Hypocsisy 19 hours ago

Clive, I posted the following yesterday on Dev's thread announcing a new forum. You responded to it indirectly on a thread you started a few hours ago:

Clive Elwell wrote:

*I have never understood why a few people, for some reason, unknown to me, turn discussions into personal attacks.

Jack Pine wrote:

*Oh thank you Clive. Gosh, it must be wonderful being so pure and innocent you can't even image someone having a negative thought! And you so magnanimously, without any thought of yourself, came on here and shared it with the rest of us. Even though no one asked you to. Thank you again.**

It was, obviously "tongue in cheek". How often did K point out that we must be aware of our conditioning, of why we say or do or write things? Yes, I questioned what you posted and wondered why you felt compelled to emphasize how you are above certain human activities and responses. This post of yours also showed a certain distain for some of the other posters on this forum. Yet you pretend as if your statement was not critical or negative. Of course it was. No more or less so than my response.

Negativity is not evil or not against what some may think K was saying. In fact, I don't know of anyone who was more negative than K. He questioned everything. Didn't accept anything but seemed to go into things completely.

Why you posted what you did basically saying you are above certain activity that all humans engage in at one time or another is for you to understand.

As long as I am on this forum, which may not be too much longer, I'm going to point out what I think are self-serving, hypocritical, pretentious or erroneous statements.

Topic: New Kinfonet website and forum about to be launched 1 day ago

Clive Elwell wrote: I have never understood why a few people, for some reason, unknown to me, turn discussions into personal attacks.

Oh thank you Clive. Gosh, it must be wonderful being so pure and innocent you can't even image someone having a negative thought! And you so magnanimously, without any thought of yourself, came on here and shared it with the rest of us. Even though no one asked you to. Thank you again.

Topic: The Ending is the Beginning Tue, 02 Jun 2020

Idiot, you seem to be so attached to your previous posts, and threads. Why? Consider that a rhetorical question. I don't need to know the answer but you certainly might.

Topic: New Kinfonet website and forum about to be launched Tue, 02 Jun 2020

Hi Dev,

May I suggest that you DO remove all the previous material written over the years without any preservation. Emptying the archive on the forum just as one might empty the mind, clear the mind. What value does the past have in seeing the present, in being aware of the present, of being the present? Jack Pine

Topic: The surprising lack of gratitude Tue, 02 Jun 2020

idiot ? wrote: I am amazed that there is very little about gratitude in K teaching. Please, if you can prove me wrong, show me K discussing gratitude in detail. I haven't been able to find much.

The question was answered in the first few posts which you chose to ignore. Why? Did it undercut your whole thesis and therefore the long, philosophical/intellectual discussion you desperately tried to make out of the original question?

Topic: The Ending is the Beginning Tue, 02 Jun 2020

idiot ? wrote: As Dev Singh, the moderator here, has posted: http://www.kinfonet.org/forums/2-general-discus..., everything here in this forum is about to disappear. It's all going to go bye bye!

I certainly hope so. This forum desperately needs to be "flushed out". But of course it will just happen all over again. The only person who has replied to Dev (four times so far or three is you don't count the usual double post) is the one person who has done the most to post inane, ignorant, erroneous, snide, and off-topic and absurd remarks.

For example: What is he talking about when he refers to "Atheists" and "idealists" opposing each other? First where has that happened? And isn't an atheist an idealist? All this kind of nonsense that will continue to pervade the forum. All the preaching and phony moralizing from the poster in question will also, no doubt, continue.

Dev, I suggest you remove both Jack Pine and One Self from the forum and see if it will improve. What have you got to loose?

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Thu, 28 May 2020

Persephone Poot wrote: "If you put an impossible question, your mind then has to find the answer in terms of the impossible - not what is possible." J. Krishnamurti

The above is not a properly cited quote. You have to say more than just a name. It has to be in a context; time, date, text, whatever. It's tiresome trying to educate semi-literate narcissists who dwell more on what they may think are witty names then content of their comments.

You spoke of "images" in another post. You are the one with images. You keep changing yours. There are three of you on here that have images for names instead of just a simple name like Tom, Dick or Harry. You focus more on your personal images than the content of your overly thought, rather boring comments. Are you happy now? You have pretty much destroyed this part of the forum. But then, it was pretty much in the sewer before you administered the coup de grace.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Tue, 26 May 2020

idiot ? wrote: To blindly say that you must stay away from a question because K said it was a wrong question - Don't go near that! Don't ask that! Don't even think that question! - is frankly a wrong attitude. Such an attitude takes K as authority, without investigating for yourself, without understanding all the implications of what K was saying about the question.

This repeatedly happens on this forum and usually by the same poster. In the meantime we have another poster who, apparently, thinks he is being witty by changing his name. I suppose that takes the place of posting something relevant.

And by the way, "Cod Piece" is a tasteless term in any format but one especially unsuited for the K Forum. It's not only disgusting but shows him for the callow youth that he is. Trying so hard to appear erudite and experienced but so shallow.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Mon, 25 May 2020

Social Distance wrote: Is this anything to do with conflict? I don't understand you and you don't understand me. I experience God and you say that God is an escape from reality (I am speaking figuratively of course). Now we have broken off contact with each other and have no relationship. I don't see how awareness could have prevented this.

All you, and several others on here, seem to be doing is offering a lot of verbiage that isn't really saying anything. And to further confuse matters you change your name or label in the middle of your on going verbiage. Why not try to forget yourself a bit more and focus on saying something coherent? Try to communicate more and try to impress us with your vast knowledge less.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Fri, 22 May 2020

One Self wrote: What is important is to learn about conflict. To see the destructive nature of conflict. Like seeing a deadly snake,you you don't get near it. But we have become indifferent to the sense of danger.

Once again you are badly confused. There is physical conflict that one may be able to step away from; a bar room fight, being drafted into war. But it is psychological conflict that is being discussed. And the psychological conflict is not separate from you. It is you and trying to avoid it is an illusion.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Fri, 22 May 2020

One Self wrote: Generally when a family member like a mother or a wife or a father introduces krishnamurti's book it doesn't work.

Really? Have you personally done research on this? Are you aware of a significantly large number of family members doing this? Or are you just full of more opinions and beliefs? In other words, just full of more crap.

Is there any chance at all that you will stop posting these rather idiotic opinions to attract attention to yourself? The attention you are attracting to yourself is not very flattering.

Topic: Randal Shacklett Tue, 19 May 2020

dhirendra singh wrote: Dear Jack Pine It's really sad thing. Most politicians are more or less like Trump.

Yes, I understand what you mean. But Trump is an exceptional in a negative way. He appears to be corrupt to his core without the ability or will to see, understand or tell the truth.

Topic: Randal Shacklett Sun, 17 May 2020

dhirendra singh wrote: Hopefully America has better care for people with no money.

Actually the exact opposite is true. Even in the best of times America does not have adequate healthcare for not only people without money but people in general. Healthcare in the US (America) is almost completely for profit. Capitalism dominates the US. And now, of course, with the psychopath Donald Trump everything is up for sale to the highest bidder. Virtually nothing is being done to mitigate the Covid 19 virus in this country. Nothing! In fact Trump and his followers are denying that the Pandemic is even real. If Randal is homeless he is in very deep trouble. I wish him good luck.

Topic: If I am to die soon or get infected from the virus ,what is one to do ? Sun, 17 May 2020

French Touch wrote: One self have made a similar comment in 2018. So anybody can state anything here?

Only One Self seems OK with distortion; lying, fabricating, misquoting, not giving references for quotes, etc.

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Mon, 11 May 2020

One Self wrote: Thought realizes that it knows nothing psychologically. Thought sees the truth about itself. Therefore thought becomes quiet. That is meditation. Thought seeing it's own fallacy .

I am not an expert in what K pointed out. Who is? But it appears fairly clear from your above statement that you have no idea what K pointed out. Indeed, most if not all, of your above statement seems to be the exact opposite of what K pointed out.

Thought is the psychological self. Thought is the accumulation of knowledge; experience, conditioning, etc which is all limited and not related to "truth".

Thought cannot "see" the truth because thought is not the truth. Our thought is what is actually blocking the seeing of what is, of truth.

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Mon, 04 May 2020

Ken D wrote: world wife virus, Covid-19 and it's deadly side effects.

Okay, is that virus catching?

Apparently so. I have been happily married most of my life. But it hasn't killed me....yet.

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Mon, 04 May 2020

Paul Dimmock wrote: Probably, for the first time in history, we don't need to argue this fact. At least, I hope we don't. Surely, it is here with us; and we are here with it. So, how are we meeting this crisis, facing this fact?

Paul, I think you have raised an interesting topic. But about your first sentence. There are literally millions of people in the United States of America who have completely denied the world wide virus, Covid-19 and it's deadly side effects. The US might quite possibly be the most unintelligent so-called "modern" country in the world. But from our psychopathic "President" on down through the ranks of his neo-Nazi followers there is an almost complete denial of Covid-19 .

I look forward to an interesting discussion of the points you have brought up in your above post. Good health to you.

Topic: If I am to die soon or get infected from the virus ,what is one to do ? Thu, 23 Apr 2020

One Self wrote: Krishnamurti was not a writer.

Of course K was a writer.

1. Comentaries on Living, Vols; One, Two and Three

2. The Book Of Life

3. At The Feet Of The Master

4. Meditations And more. Look them up yourself. These are books K actually wrote and not transcripts of talks, discussions and dialogues. But whether the books were transcripts of talks or written by K you still have to quote what he said accurately. Or is that too abstract for you to understand?

Topic: If I am to die soon or get infected from the virus ,what is one to do ? Wed, 22 Apr 2020

One Self wrote: But I dont mind the disturbanses in here. It is all about words and nothing else to me. My daily life is something else

One self, you are the disturbance on here. But ofcourse you don't see it.

I'm guessing you are undercare in a locked down institution. I appeal to your caretakers: Please try to keep the person posting under the name "One Self" from posting on this forum. At least limit it to no more than one day a week. Thank you.

Topic: Krishnamurti jokes, humor, and levity Wed, 22 Apr 2020

I'm not surprised you can't take a hint. Can't you see that you have, basically, run everyone else off of this part of Kinfonet? All anyone sees is your posting name all over this part of the forum connected to a bunch of drivel. You have even taken to lying about K quotes that aren't really from K. Have you no shame or sense of decency at all? Well, I guess not.

Please stop being selfish and leave this site.

Topic: If I am to die soon or get infected from the virus ,what is one to do ? Wed, 22 Apr 2020

One Self wrote: Krishnamurti: "Homosexuals make problems for the world." Indeed..

Let's see the citation for this "quote". Do you think it's a good idea to come onto a K site and blantanly lie by making up false and rather stupid quotes? What is wrong with you? You're not Donald Trump are you? You remind me so much of him and his particular brand of psychotic selfishness. Lying is NOT OK. Do you understand that? Can you understand that? Do you also understand that you are homo-phobic? Why denounce homosexuals?

One Self wrote: Only a homo would say that in a krishnamurti site.

Are you going to continue to use this site as an enema? Dumping all your crap on this site.

One Self wrote: What is one to do in such a complicated crisis.. ?

Perhaps when the time draws closer you might want to consider taking an enema. It helps those left behind.

Topic: To read someone's writing or comment you become him or her. Wed, 15 Apr 2020

One Self wrote: First of all i am going to put no more citation. Go and find out.

Find out what? It's already obvious that you made the "quote" up. K didn't say that. And do you mean opposite when you wrote oposit? When are you going to learn to read and write?

Topic: To read someone's writing or comment you become him or her. Wed, 15 Apr 2020

One Self wrote: Krishnamurti: There was a tribe that they burned anybody who had an image of himself or others . If they continued doing that there would not be any politition in the world today.

No citation and therefore not worth the electronic ink it took to write it. You have no credibility on this forum. The grammar in the sentence alone denies that someone literate wrote it. You cannot come on here and make up quotes to suit your twisted needs. Do you understand that? Another desperate lie. Really, get help.

One Self wrote: He thinks that we care about his physical condition! We don't mind if you die today from coronavirus jack.

You have no idea what an evil thing saying the above to another human being is do you? You are quite ill.

And in addition, you have come onto a Krishnamurti site as a troll and completely destroyed one third of the forums. I admit I wondered what kind of twisted human being would do something like that. Now I know. Get help.

idiot ? wrote: A resting heart rate of 45 bpm is extremely low for an older person and may not be a healthy thing if you have bradycardia. If you haven't had a doctor check it out, you absolutely should.

Thank you doctor.

Well actually I know about bradycardia and so does my primary care doctor. I don't have it. That's according to a cardiologist I saw for a routine check up recently.

When you walk three or four miles a day in the mountains at an elevation of from 7000 to 9000 feet at a fast clip, mountain bike, do Navy Seal exercises and Tai Chi this is what happens to your heart: It gets stronger. But I am touched that you worry about my health. And you got the other idiot's heart racing which I believe is called tachycardia. Good for you.

My doctor jokingly said that when I die someone is going to have to beat my heart to death.

Topic: To read someone's writing or comment you become him or her. Tue, 14 Apr 2020

Sean Wrote: Hello Jack. You know, in a forum like this one I think it's important to be clear that there is going to be a very wide variety of posts ranging from brilliant insight to complete nonsense. You can usually tell early on in a message if you think it's worth continuing to read or not. Surely it's a good idea to focus only on messages that have something to say to you or that you connect with.

Sean, what you wrote above is, of course, very logical and sound advice and I agree with it. One should be able to block out surrounding noise like being in a public place and having a bunch of screaming kids disturbing everyone, or being in traffic next to a jerk that has his automobile sound system turned up with a loud base, etc, etc.

That's what is happening on this forum. Just almost constant noise. I've been spoiled. Where I live most of the year, except for four months in Ojai, is in the Rocky Mountains, the high Rockies of Colorado.

I walk everyday in those mountains without seeing hardly anyone. The peace is undescribable with just the breeze brushing through the pine, spruce, cedar, fir and aspen trees is mostly the only sound one hears. The air is dry and cool and even though you are at seven to nine thousand feet elevation above sea level it still seems like you can breathe easier. The air is clean, fresh, life giving. I walk daily for an hour or two or sometimes most of the day alone in one of the last remaining places on earth where you can be alone and at peace. Even though I am not a young man this life style has given me a resting heart beat of around 45 per minute. While walking one can smell the air full of pine, wild flowers and even the rock has a smell. The granite here has a particular smell once the sun has been on it for awhile.

Here in Ojai my wife and I live in a nice mobile home park that is next to the 750 acres or so open space that includes the Oak Grove where we used to go to see K talk. Now there is a fence around just the Oak Grove but I still often go there and go over the fence and sit there on a wooden bench not far from the platform K would sit on and give his talks. The grove is still full of California Live Oak trees and because of all of the rain we have had the grass between the trees is high and green. It's wonderfully quiet there with just the chattering of birds, the varied songs of the mocking birds and the occassional scream of a soaring hawk making effortless circles in the sky; hardly beating a wing.

You're right Sean. We need to focus on these things and ignore the noise, the disruption and the inanities of life. Stay well.

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 5852 in total