Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Serious Debate | moderated by Drakanthus Drakanthus

What could be the cause of the present recession ?

Closed_forum

Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 #1
Thumb_photo Prasanna P India 162 posts in this forum Offline

Recession has rocked and jolted the world immeasurably. Numerous people particularly young have lost their jobs, as their employers have closed down or downsized their business. People have lost their hard earned money, by foreclosure of housing loans. Many banks have become bankrupt resulting in losses to customers. Has this recession brought misery or suffering to people ? And who aren't affected by this recession ?

Unless Advanced, K's Teachings May Remain As Ineffective As of Now

Mon, 24 Aug 2009 #2
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 36 posts in this forum Offline

Prasanna P wrote:
What could be the cause of the present recession ?
The answer is the most obvious one HUMAN GREED!

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

This post was last updated by Krishnan Srinivasan Mon, 24 Aug 2009.

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 #3

Krish, you are right.
Greed is an old reason given by Buddha and K. Now the question is, why others are suffering by succumbing to the greed of a few ? Can you throw some light on this ?

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 #4
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 36 posts in this forum Offline

Prasanna P wrote:

Prasanna P

India

134 posts in this forum

Krish, you are right. Greed is an old reason given by Buddha and K. Now the question is, why others are suffering by succumbing to the greed of a few ? Can you throw some light on this ?

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 #5

Trust misleads the greedy and needy together.So humankind need trust to interact with each other.In this process one greedy and mighty(powerfully placed in a position, say like Madoff of the recent case in USA)can beguile the innocent , trusting persons and hoodwink them.Human relationships are in chaos.That is the reason.

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 #6

What is that which makes some people greedy and some others unable to bear the vagaries of the greedy ? Or do you call it destiny ?

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 #7

Prasanna P wrote:
What is that which makes some people greedy and some others unable to bear the vagaries of the greedy ? Or do you call it destiny ?

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 #8

strong text
In which mode I should answer this, is the question I put to "my little-self".If I take up as a Krishnamurti reader I would stand with my understanding that human beings are of different natures and so they behave differently to each other.But I take up the mode of one who follows SRI RAMANA MAHARSHI, I would call it all destined Prarbdha-karma &rest with that understanding in SIlence.I need not correspond or respond with you, I would stay permanently silent watching and asking who AM I?(to answer or to to do anything in this matter)

Wed, 26 Aug 2009 #9

Krish, I remember elders referring prarabdh karma for the sufferers. But, what we can call those who cause suffering ? Are they both same or different ? If both are same, who is getting or accumulating more karma ?

Wed, 26 Aug 2009 #10

Those who cause the suffering are accumulating much more.that is they are furthering the process of karma-bondage even further.Those who suffer and bear with it probbably go free of further suffering in "future".

Wed, 26 Aug 2009 #11
Thumb_250502a maryse vm Belgium 4 posts in this forum Offline

Hi, sorry to jump in like that. As I see it, the recession, the subsequent suffering of the innocent, as wel as causation of suffering are all expresions of ignorance in wich human beings are living actually.
A free mind, as understood by K, meaning a human being without center, will neither cause suffering nor will he/she be a victim of recession or any kind of suffer caused by others.
Leaving everything in "the hands" of karma is taking away the capacity of each human being to take his/her life in his/her own hands and get away with ignorance.

not to be in order to be

Wed, 26 Aug 2009 #12

maryse vm wrote:
Leaving everything in "the hands" of karma is taking away the capacity of each human being to take his/her life in his/her own hands and get away with ignorance

Wed, 26 Aug 2009 #13

Dear maryse vm, you sound to be in control whereas I am not. we are not eqating karma with irresponsibility but your assertion that is ignorance this business of karma sounds interesting-would you please explain how.As far as "I" am concerned, I find things happen in life whether you wish or not, whether you will or not, there is an extraordinary flow of order incomprehensible at first but quite clear later.That I ascribe to Karma of my own past(reincarnations included)I cannot get off this flow of karma and it bothers me to that extent that I have given up worrying about it or resisting it because I know it will end when I die physically here on the Earth. With that surety I live my karma but not in ignorance.

Thu, 27 Aug 2009 #14
Thumb_stringio mike christani United States 8 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

In a practical sense, I think this recession shows how the economy- of every economy- seems to work. Which is, "constant growth". If we'd been growing at say 10% for 10 years, then dropped to 3%, it would be seen as a huge recession. I've really forgotten Economy 101, but you see the way we operate- growth, growth, growth. Which reflecs our inner movement of desire for more..becoming, the whole economy is based on the more. It's a reflection of our inner.

Thu, 27 Aug 2009 #15
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 43 posts in this forum Offline

Yes - the demand for constant economic growth does reflect the human constant desire for more - becoming. The whole economy is expected to constantly 'become'. It is 'this' - it will be 'that'! When it is quite obvious that the earth just cannot go on sustaining such growth.

It is really a matter of the unsustainable human brain - continually demanding more - and wanting sustainability at the same time. The economic 'corridor of sorrows' - "I am unsustainable - I will be sustainable".

Interesting insight into the inner and the outer of the human being. No difference at all really, is there?

Fri, 28 Aug 2009 #16

mike christani wrote:
In a practical sense, I think this recession shows how the economy- of every economy- seems to work. Which is, "constant growth". If we'd been growing at say 10% for 10 years, then dropped to 3%, it would be seen as a huge recession. I've really forgotten Economy 101, but you see the way we operate- growth, growth, growth. Which reflecs our inner movement of desire for more..becoming, the whole economy is based on the more. It's a reflection of our inner.

Mike, do you think that mere ambition to grow has caused this problem ? All business activities are governed by certain laws and rules. However, the disturbed consciousness in some do break the rules and later also subverts the enforcement and justice machinery, thereby resulting all the upheavals.

Don't you also see the covert acts of vested interests, who are in business, politics, and in general in all of us ? Isn't law and justice machinery most often failing to deliver justice to people, who are promised of all that ? I don't want to blame any one for this, as I think I understand that it is a clear reflection of a psychological lacuna.

Pl comment.

Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)